Adornments for a fury

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

My hps varies wildly to be honest. On most of those boss fights I only do 4-7k while solo healing the mage group due to Tshell and the fact that I usually only deal with one or two aoe cycles at most.
    For example, last time I did Malteor that I can find in my logs, I was healing around 7500hps while doing around 210k dps. Only fights we have in there that last over 2 minutes, however, are the challenge modes, and annoying Put/Sev fight, so that makes a big difference.
    That's while doing ummm...200k+ on pretty much all the fights in the zone...couple of boss burns i'm seeing numbers over 300k. Trash is wildly varied depending on what temps people burn for the fights.
    Almost forgot, when you asked how much hps I can do? Highest of mine I've ever seen on a parse was like 28k HPS, but that's not something that happens very often. Theoretically we can do something close to what, 50-60k hps in perfectly ideal situations? But that's not what we're really meant for. No healer really pushes their max HPS when they do everything their class is designed to do. Just ignoring T-shell on a lot of fights would nearly double our hps at any given time solo healing, but no fury in their right mind will play that way unless they're simply trying to pad their heal parse.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

I change my spec every 2 weeks or so. Right now I'm playing around with strikethrough in a melee spec. (92% ST) I've gone the full up ranged for the same reason that Arica posted. I've tried full up melee and it's higher dps for me. The trick is just remembering to switch to auto ranged on harder fights when you can't get in for melee ranged reasonably.
    So for me, at least, melee = higher dps on easy fights, less dps on harder fights. ranged auto = mediocre dps on all fights and less worry about positioning.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

I guess my question there is why bother with strikethrough? I run around 94-97% hit rates on autoattack with just a few weapon skill adorns.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

I had never tested it before and was curious to see how much I could get my hit rate up without using the weapon skill adorns. It's crap btw but I don't believe it until I have the data and can analyze it.
    I'll probably try all accuracy next to see what that does for my hit rate.
    And, I don't get yelled at if my DPS is 20K lower than normal while testing on raids because that's just in the noise on the parses.
    I could drop back to ranged auto and no one would care tbh. But, it's more fun to mess around with melee. I just get those harder fights where I don't bother jousting and the melee goodness gets wasted.