Adornments for a fury

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel Guest

What Adornments should I be looking at? Where do I get them? What stats should I be most invested in?
    Thank you
  2. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Which adornments, white, red, yellow?
  3. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

can we go with whites first? thank you! your advice Elhonna is always appreciated!
  4. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

no worries about where but rather which ones to increase damage without sacrificing healing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

I've recently taken a melee approach, but the normal fury, or the one without a ton of reforgable stats, should be looking at (in roughly this order) Potency, Crit Bonus, Spell Reuse, Ability Mod, Wisdom, HP, Cast Speed (if needed). You can add crit chance in there as needed if you're beginning raiding and need more, just try to sacrifice from the bottom up on sltats.
    Yellows : Potency, Crit Bonus, Reuse. Spell Double Attack on shoulders is the only thing I ever have put. If you play even close to your potential you should be doing so as well. Only viable options unless you are working on a melee spec. The pot/cb combination runes are good as well. I use AE Auto runes on my legs, but again, that depends on your spec.
    Reds: Depends a lot here. After the next GU it'll be all Potency/Crit Bonus all the way, other than melee ae auto if you're melee specced.
    Gotta realize, when I say I'm running melee spec, I mean 550ish multi attack, capped dps/haste mod, bout 20% ae auto, 5-20% flurry in raids depending on how overcapped I am on haste. The single target damage from a good two hander is immense, as in, I parse 90k+ on a single epic dummy, of which around half is just straight auto attack damage.
    Keep in mind here, you have to have the stats to spare for it to be effective. If you drop too much ability mod, or any other stat to get melee stats, you're hurting yourself from a healing perspective as well as losing a lot of AoE dps.
  6. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

whites
    helm - hp or wis (preferably with solo healin, i go hp)
    bp - ability mod
    shoulders - ability mod
    bracers - crit or cast speed (depending on which u need most). i preferably go cast speed & reforge any large cast speed items that don't have melee or spell wep stats, to ability mod. that way u don't lose as much (depending on what gear u have access to. with ss gear though, u tend to not have to do this as much)
    gloves - hp
    pants - crit or cast speed
    boots - cast skills or reuse (with the reuse aa & reforging, 1.5 reuse isnt gonna do much at all though anymore)
    weapon/secondary/ranged - potency
    charms - ability mod
    ears - ability mod
    neck - wis
    rings - ability mod
    wrists - hp
    belt - wis or reuse

reds
    helm - crit or cb (i tend to go with crit because i don't want to have to worry about crit requirements for mobs when i have to switch out high crit items like charms for certain fights just because i need the red adorns for power when the crit requirement is like 435. im generally just there when switching them out, so i keep the crit reds on my hat & boots)
    bp - lucidity with potency (until the update, then just potency)
    shoulders - spell ma
    bracers - i've been running thornskin with potency & poppin it on the ot, but going back to potency after the update (i think potency can go on bracers, cant remember)
    gloves - cb
    pants - cb
    boots - crit or cb (same as helm)

yellows
    pretty much the same as reds just obviously the lesser versions

runes
    if u have pieces that take rune/special adorns like pq, etc
    ALWAYS have something with an immunity proc such as the pq greater fervor rune, even if u switch it out for fights. my luck sucks, so i have the underfoot ears from sf that i switch in when needed. my previous dov wep, i had the greater fervor rune so i had it equipped all the time. if u don't have these, then there's steadfast runes from the early dov raids, 1 for stifle & 1 for stun that u can adorned on items that u can switch in & out for when needed.
    aegis is still a nice ward, even though the ss upgrades r even bigger. pot/cb procs like the merchant bought ones r still nice, along with the ability mod proc or the reuse/recovery proc.
    if u have access to the raid ones from dov, i still run deathless devotion all the time & it does a nice chunk of my parse for being a slightly older proc. storm essence is also a nice stat/hp/power boost proc to the target.
    i dont do the melee spec/adorns like elhonna. all of my adorns r heal/spell cast-based, so hopefully it was what u were looking for.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

I look at healing this way...
    I heal for around 40k with my smallest single target heal. BITF is a full heal for anyone whose health is in the red. Regrowth alone plus heal procs while dpsing are enough to keep my necro alive through life burn. That is in full melee spec and offensive stance.
    And last but not least, the other healers around me don't slack at their jobs, so I don't have to do a lot of cross healing. At this point, it's best in my mind to do as much damage as humanly possible while keeping my group alive.
    At this point I feel it's a waste to be fully ranged specced, with all the useless spell weapon stats out there to be reforged. Ability mod gives great returns, and I still hope anyone not doing the melee thing gets as much of it as they can.
    My opinion isn't the only one of course, and I don't see myself as some end all be all fury authority, but I am ONE fury authority. Arica is another great fury. There's a few left out there that still play at the level we do in the game, and we all have certain things we view differently. Take what you can from any and all of us, and better yourselves in every way possible.
    Here is a parse breakdown of what you can do in top end gear with melee spec as a fury.
    For the record, I specced to full spell casting like Arica is, to test against this spec in single target dps, and it doesn't even come close. 14-20k less single target damage on average.
    Lose a bit of AoE dps, but it's very minimal.
    Also, before I forget, here's the parse showing single target dps melee specced in my gear. Here's a link to my character page. Elhonnax Kaer'Lisk
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

i just can't see myself going melee spec because i lose way too much crit (& i'm JUST at the requirement when i have to switch out an item or so as is) & hp. most of the mobs that i'm fighting with the exception of pow trash which lasts 2 hrs & the random ss em zone run when pow is clear of everything else, comes out to maybe 1 raid nite out of 4. my group & me can't be in melee range anyway on ss hm or pow named (unless u count the adds that i only get to really for 2 pow & coupla of ss hm's, but definitely not all), otherwise we get face punched. the rest i'm too busy healing/curing my butt off to make sure my group doesn't go kamikazee, or moving with scripts. jousting isn't really an option because if the healer jousts to melee while the ranged casters group's back in their spot, just doesnt make sense. & a lot of the really hard hitting ae's are unavoidable, so i can't just hit shell & be fine or my group would die unprotected while i was smacking the mob. & having the entire group joust? not an option because there would be massive screaming in vent, WHAT R U DOING?
    it all comes down to the content ur going against & what works best for u & ur playstyle. mine's more tailored to my current content. i'm sure if i was doing mainly heroic content or stuff that i was more regularly able to go into melee range, i might have a different spec.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

you,dear ladies, are both awesome. and i actually followed your example when speccing my fury. I am pretty much in the same boat as Arica. cb/pot where it's accepted on gear. wiz and ability mod. i brought it up over 3k. it does increase damage and healing nicely. i have to double check double casting. another adornments i put plenty are magic skills. should i replace them? all my skills bumed up to over 700 or around it. do you think i rather go more with adorns that you recommended? i am pretty much equiped in faction ss gear, couple item em ss raid and few mastercrafted. thank you both for your valuable input!
  10. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

forgot to add, that i pretty much play in groups rather than raids. once or twice a week may be in PuR. i can solo heal without much of issue in mage/ranged groups.and it's all thanks to you noth and especially Elhonna and her thread about how to play fury successfully :) thanks to you i was able to build up a bit of nice reputation.. now being accepted in groups as solo healer without much of a problem. though i have to admit i never tried to solo heal in ud heroic.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Here is a parse breakdown of what you can do in top end gear with melee spec as a fury.
    For the record, I specced to full spell casting like Arica is, to test against this spec in single target dps, and it doesn't even come close. 14-20k less single target damage on average.
    Lose a bit of AoE dps, but it's very minimal. I look at healing this way...
    I heal for around 40k with my smallest single target heal. BITF is a full heal for anyone whose health is in the red. Regrowth alone plus heal procs while dpsing are enough to keep my necro alive through life burn. That is in full melee spec and offensive stance.
    And last but not least, the other healers around me don't slack at their jobs, so I don't have to do a lot of cross healing. At this point, it's best in my mind to do as much damage as humanly possible while keeping my group alive.
    At this point I feel it's a waste to be fully ranged specced, with all the useless spell weapon stats out there to be reforged. Ability mod gives great returns, and I still hope anyone not doing the melee thing gets as much of it as they can.
    My opinion isn't the only one of course, and I don't see myself as some end all be all fury authority, but I am ONE fury authority. Arica is another great fury. There's a few left out there that still play at the level we do in the game, and we all have certain things we view differently. Take what you can from any and all of us, and better yourselves in every way possible.
    Also, before I forget, here's the parse showing single target dps melee specced in my gear. Here's a link to my character page. Elhonnax Kaer'Lisk
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

ZOMG hates the forums lately. I don't know why that response came out the same as my old one...
  13. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Can't edit any of my posts either...how lame... Guess I won't be updating my guide after the GU after all.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

I had a whole spiel written about the bonuses of melee and why you don't lose crit or stats reforging useless spell weapon stats to get it...well I'm sure you can get the idea. Not really worth retyping it all. Different playstyles. I feel standing back and nuking/healing/curing is boring, can do it in my sleep after 8 years on this toon. SOE, fix your %#@$$#@ forums, it's annoying. For the record, I'm a guy :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

I have no casting skill adorns and hit for high 90s on hitrates on PoW mobs, so I doubt you're hurting there. If there's something better to toss in the slot, go for it and your hit rates shouldn't suffer. If you're sitting at 700 casting skill solo you're way higher than me lol.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

Thanks again! And I am sorry. I just assumed that you are a girl I am a girl by the way. I am going to try and respec my fury to see how it is going to go with damage and healing if I go melee. I wish you play on Everfrost then I could ask you questions right in a chat You are wonderful!
  17. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

my report :) I decided not to specc for multi attack but tried to max ab mod as much as possible keeping skills up pot and cb. last night on pur i managed to parse 105k on a named in healing stance. i couldn't believe it :) may be i am reading act wrongly. but sometimes when i put my mind to it i can parse up to 80-90k solo. i will continue to play with aa to see what is the best for my playstyle. thank you both again for help!
  18. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

What named could you possibly be doing to need heal stance? Unless you were solo healing a tank or something. Also, I understand melee isn't for everyone. It's good damage if you have the patience to learn to use it properly and the skill to mix casting, healing, and melee. Otherwise it's not worth the time.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

You are right about the stance. it was two of us in a group, myself and inq. Cannot tell you right now what name was. not on my home computer. one in ud x 4. it was a maximum i pulled. at average it was around 70-80k. only on melteor i stoped really dps b/c of all cures requirements. that fight always gives me headaches. but my hps was not very high. how much you can do? mine was around 2-3k or so. only one shammy was healing at 7k average in mt group with probably help of wrath blessing. do you have any suggestions?
  20. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

I seems have troubles to put all my thoughts in one reply:) i actually used single target as well. do you think it helps? i will try tonight in solo cd both stances and single target on and off and see what is the difference. you right about that melee is not for everybody but your advices and ideas are very appreciated! apparently only you so far keep this section of forum alive. you should see how quet and outdated illusionist section is. sad.