Adornments and the Heirloom tag

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Malleria, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

So, I'm guessing you guys made this change (nice ninja add to the patch notes btw, after the fact and everything) to stop people using tradeable red slot charms/weapons to move war runes around. Why thats such a bad thing I don't know. But you've also made virtually any tradeable weapon and armor piece from CoE/SG heirloom too, since just about everything comes pre-adorned now. Specifically the armor and weapons from Tavalan Abyss [Challenge].

Intended or not? There's currently no way I know of to take off junk yellow/reds while preserving the item, without buying the 250p dislodger (which would be silly).
  2. Zahk New Member

I wish they wouldn't put in ninja changes like that without considering everything it impacts... it was nice to see loot drop that was tradeable/brokerable for a change, now only a small portion of these items will still be tradeable.

Couldn't you have changed it so that it only applied the heirloom tag to the item when an adornment was placed on that item? (Normally tradeable items that happened to drop with an adorn in them would then remain tradeable). This would have at least allowed the items that drop as is to still be tradeable, but would remove the ability to apply a war rune and then trade the item to someone else (which is what I'm guessing the reason for this change was).

People were generally happy about tradeable loot, now with this change I'm guessing there will be an influx of anti-SLR threads showing up again. /sigh

Additionally, this is going to impact the ability of players to unattune and resell some of the nice mastercrafted pieces that happen to have heirloom adornments on them that they've outgrown.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

Probably what should have been done. It's funny because I thought that was how it used to work, but I guess not.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. Jacck Active Member

The charm that either was made or dropped in one of the Rime zones was able to have a war rune placed in it and then traded to another player, thus removing the need to actually get the rune as a drop. Wasn't very many that had this ability. Truly, it was only a bug for a very select few items that you were able to do this with. I think it was maybe 2 or 3 items. The work around to having to get a drop of a war rune was nice for ALL of DoV and until recently huh?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is a terrible hack of a "fix". Way to punish thousands of legit players, just to stop a handful from using a low-grade exploit. Now no pre-adorned items are brokerable anymore (though the small handful currently listed will remain there until purchased.)

(And a couple items I bought before the patch, planning to hand them off to my second account, are now locked to my first account. I guess my dirge will have to learn to fire two bows and swing three swords...)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  6. Kham Active Member

Well i mean this has been going on since aspect of war charms. it not some big secret. kinda stupid to change it tbh, not game breaking.
    Venomizer and Wirewhisker like this.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

The war rune thing is dumb I agree. The free exchange of red runes across accounts doesn't make them any more powerful, it just removes some boring farming you'd otherwise have to do. But to combine pre-adorning of items and adorns transferring their heirloom tag to the items they're in is ridiculous. Pick one or the other, they don't work together.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Ranga Active Member

The most mind bogglingly stupid thing about this is the pre-adornment aspect. Most stuff that drops either has adorns that you don't want but could be useful to another in the same group when the item might be useful to you. Often it is the ONLY way to get a particular adornment so you either have to waste one or the other.

Did I mention that this is stupid?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Hopefully they'll have to fix this because it cuts into their Station Cash sales; if everything with a yellow/red slot is now effectively heirloom because the adornments make it that way, most of the reasons for selling unattuner items just went out the window. (I don't know how much SoE brings in on unattuners in a week, but I'd expect it to drop off 90-95% or so. The only things left tradable now are bracelets and earrings, everything else can have a colored slot.)

Can't unattune for sale, can't unattune for guildies, can't unattune for your own secondary accounts. You can only unattune for your own alts, now. And I don't have two plate tanks or two brawlers or two of the same-armor healer type on the same account... I suppose I could hand my warlock's gear down to my conjuror if I ever wanted to level her up... (not likely to happen.)

I'm now waiting for the first person to buy a Station Cash unattuner with the intent of moving some used gear off that account... that should be a royal dung-storm.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Ynnek Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight, last weekend I had a bag full of tradable gear. (Simply flagged "Attuneable").

Yellow slot gear, red slot gear, could be given away to guildies, could be traded, could be brokered. (Didn't even care about the adornments). Not bad stuff. All held on one character because, well, it's fully tradable...

Now, all of this gear has magically turned Heirloom and is useless. All (presumably) to prevent some exploit involving gear and runes I'll never see.

This really, really blows...
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Since the "fix" was for war runes, apparently, how about REMOVING the heirloom tag from all the ordinary adornments? Does anyone really care if "Critical Chance II" or "Cogent IV" are tradable?

Just take the heirloom tag off every yellow adornment in the game, and every red that isn't a "war rune", and you've got your fix without wrecking the game for the rest of us, or making your station-cash unattuners useless.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

It's stupid I agree but, the vast majority of the really good stuff is heirloom anyway, so it doesn't effect me very much from an unattune and pass to alts point of view. The only things that aren't heirloom originally (and worthy of using an unattuner) is the Skyshrine Raid material gear, and to be honest people are farming the materials so much now that they're getting cheap enough that (on a good day) you can pick up all the materials for a piece for under 400pp.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

this change was unneeded and further more there was no reason to remove the red adorns from the merchant like it was on test server.

yes those war runes are nice but nothing available to players is game breaking, it's just a small boost. why even add red slots to gear if you're not going to have access to the war runes?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. sconi New Member

nice work SOE/EQ2 staff. :eek:
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  15. knine Well-Known Member

lol i had a few pieces from ST Contested that drops off named on my broker.. hadn't checked in a while. They usually sell. I checked it yesterday and was like WTF.. its heirloom and can't be sold lol and it didn't have an adornment on it either. Now they all drop in there with adorns and only thing you can loot and sell is like someone said above.. the jewelry.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

did i miss a dev post on this?

really no feed back at all?

red/yellow adornments are going to give anyone any type of unbalanced edge. just change this back it was a meaningless nerf that pretty much breaks loot drops.
  17. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Would be great to get some feedback.
  18. Le Clown Active Member

FEEDBACK PLOX

U OWE ME 250p SO FAR SoE
    Ranga likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Whether you like the change or not, it's pretty clear the ability to 'trade' heirloom red adorns in this fashion was a loophole, since items are supposed to take on the restriction of any adornments put into them. I'm not sure why people are surprised the loophole got closed.
  20. murmur Member

It's ok that the trade loophole was closed, but devs should find out a solution for the new problem that this fix caused, making tradeable loot non-tradeble because of pre-adorning.

Either make all adornments as a separate drops (red, yellow) or make atleast yellow adornments tradeable.

Or move all current yellow adornments to vendor, making only red adornments drop as pre-adorned in already heirloom gear.