Adept 1 and Adept3 spells do SAME Damage/Effects

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Ranvier, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Alfred75 Guest

Lol, you are revealing too much Ranvier. Posting something like I did should serve the purpose :p
  2. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

All you have to do is look at the numbers.
    His combatstat shows: Grp: 14637:858:975.8
    If you know combat stats, you know that means the total dmg the group did was 14637, the total damage taken was 858 and the total group dps was 975.8.
    Niabash is a level 50guardian and took 858dmg according to the parsings on his screenshot (think about how hard the mobs hit in PF...), Raviar did a total of 10412dmg.
    That fight did not last more than 20seconds and if he even suggests it was more, I'm calling BS. If it was multiple mobs, at most it could have lasted 30sec, otherwise It's mathematically impossible.
    Kudos for roleplaying though -- mysterious, indeed.
    Message Edited by Splatterpunk28 on 03-30-2005 06:00 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranvier Guest

That fight lasted 10secs. And I never use Abysmal Fury (insanely long cast time)...and I didnt use Chaotic Maeltorm (although master1 as well) in that fight either heheh.

Here is the deal...I clear the ENTIRE Coartyard of PF in 1min and a couple seconds if I have a healer and a chanter...:p (unless Keg is up...I can still tank him but my stuns will take up time to cast thus lowering dps)

I do 600 ish dps outside raids consistently. Warlocks are amazingly powerful...if you have Master1/Adept3's...and if you play the class with the same mindset as me.

And Alfred I didnt reveal too much hehe...I doubt I will be seeing another warlock (wizards suck...Merovingian [FoH] and Kalsto [us...Triton] are the best wizards of the server and they can never reach 400 dps) doing 750dps anytime soon.

Oh and I roleplay because otherwise I get SPAMMED by tells from to-be and even current warlocks on what to do and blah blah. /role helps only a little bit.../who 50 warlock all still shows me T_T...and for that I often put up afk also :p
  4. ARCHIVED-feday Guest

Never mind I aer blind
    Message Edited by feday on 03-29-2005 02:40 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Alfred75 Guest

hehe, yeah. I get lots of tells asking what traits to choose, whether a warlock rocks etc etc. I always tell them to play or choose what they like best :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Buppa Guest

Fyi, not all parsers are created equally. Some parsers do not start counting you in combat until you actually do damage. Put it this way, I could show me doing 2000+ dps if I really wanted to do it.

But in a pseudo-real fight, pull a group of 4 or 5 no arrow mobs, toss on a devastation, I just did 10000 to12500 dmg in 6 seconds, not including any nil distortions I might land. Even if the fight lasts 20 seconds, my dps was 500 to 600, again, not counting nil distortions or BSS or anything else.

In a real fight, one that lasts any length of time, for example, 4 ^^ arrow 48+ and 4 ^ 48+ in two seperate groups and my group being a guardian, defiler, assassin, coercer, warden and my warlock, 325+ dps is realistic but I won't hit 600 for that entire fight. Resists, mob switching, interrupts. It doesn't happen. And this is a fight that is perfect for us, many mobs and only two groups.

Yes I can setup some encounters and post ridiculous screenshots but what's the point?
  7. ARCHIVED-WaachBack Guest

heh Morte, sorry but I would also have to agree here :)
  8. ARCHIVED-WaachBack Guest

Yea I would also have to agree, I call BS.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ranvier Guest

1st dmg dealt to last on his setup.

If your devastation does 12k dmg to 5mobs thats sad T_T

Mine does about 14k - 16k ish

The *POINT* of this thread was that adept 1 and adept 3 spells do the same damage. Do not try to compare with my dps or manapool please >_<

Thats a whole different discussion for which I havent the time :(

Even Merovingian doesnt try :p
    Message Edited by Ranvier on 03-30-2005 07:01 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Buppa Guest

No, my devastation does more than 12500 on 5 mobs but for ease of math, it is just easier to call it 500 per tick. I, unlike, am not worried about swinging my e-[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] around trying to prove how uber I am. I am here with facts, not rigged encounters so I can again, flash my e-[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot].
  11. ARCHIVED-Ranvier Guest

Well if people hadnt asked me to prove my claim to 500-600+ dps I wouldnt have :p

Look at the thread's subject and first thread...I hadnt specified my dps or anything just gave a range lol. Then people are like prove it. So I throw a 750 dps at em and they freak out and start pronouncing parser as being bugged heheh.

/shrug...all I care about is for my adept 3's and masters to get fixed:smileyhappy: