Add an auto-craft feature to the offical game.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Leucippus, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Thats what got me into threatening and taunting various crafting tables. It just became habit after having a splinter from a ww table kill me.
    So even now if you are near me while crafting, you will occassionally hear a battlecry yelled at a crafting table after a critical failure.:)
  2. ARCHIVED-Saevan Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I remember Dapugs, the top armoursmith on the server back in the day, would hire 2 healers and a mana-battery to help him craft. Those were the days ...
  3. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

You can still get hurt pretty badly in the tradeskill instances :). I'll never live down the time I died at a sewing table /cringes...
  4. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Well, there are bots for everything so why dont we just automate the whole game and go do something else?
  5. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Calthine wrote:
    From For Teh Win Comics:
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

gawd, I miss those comics :)
  7. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Calthine wrote:
    they are in guildhalls. You dont see them anymore. Even so they are not the repeating macros you use to see. The current crafter bots will sit there and do rushorders for you nonstop. They can even go buy their own materials (fuel and raws from the broker).

The bot that still makes be laugh is the one that will login, claim mats from harvesters, send them back out, dump them in the supply box and log out for four hours before starting back up.
  8. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

If I could play advocate for a moment.

I don't believe the argument that "there are already bots in game" so we should get to autocraft.

I would like to hear an argument for autocrafting without using the justification above.

What other reasons do you think there are for implementing this?
  9. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Roboto@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Crafting in it's current state is nothing more than a timesink. There is zero skill involved in it.There is little need for the whole minigame outside of the TS instances.
  10. ARCHIVED-GlitterPaws Guest

Time sink? Maybe for some. I find tsing good for my soul.
    If work has been exceedingly difficult and rushed I like to craft in the guild hall and hang out in guild chat. I'll even change alts to craft for guildies. It's relaxing and rewarding. I'm not a button spammer, never have been, never will be. Just my play style.
    When work is filled with difficult people and even guild chat is getting on my nerves I do the tradeskill missions. I can take time out to pet the cat, bake something yummy, switch clothes from washer to dryer and still feel rewarded at the completion of the mission.
    Different styles make EQ2 a good game. I've learned a lot from guildies and the forums.
    To paraphrase a CW song..."Take this bot (idea) and shive it!"
    gp
  11. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    Hasn't it always been a timesink of sorts? Something to do with your character when they were out of adven. vitality? The only thing that has changed is that it is less of a timesink now.
    I have to disagree though about zero skill...I does take some skill and plenty of focus imo. You can't just sit there and mash buttons and get a pristine everytime.
    I have had to repeatedly help out folks over the years to teach them to not mash buttons...but to wait for the right time to "mash".
    If some people can't seem to grasp it...and some folks never get it...then there must be something at least akin to skill.
  12. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

There really is no other reason. It is boring to grind out items for no reason but the xp bar, when I started people used the stuff I made, now it is just to sell to the merchant. writs for a 'very small' amount of coin compared to adventuring and some guild xp til the guild leader boots you or goes crazy. Saving carpal tunnel syndrome just for leveling.
    Now, if we could get a level by making each recipe 'pristine' that would drop the boredome, because you want to see what this next item looks like. (Of course the items need to be different with diff stats etc. like it used to be)
    Other than that, food/drink needs something done because it takes too long to generate 'a stack' of food drink, i cringe at it even for guildees.
    Again there is no valid reason, if u can 'autocraft' then you might as well have a /level_me command.
  13. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Well, 'just mashing buttons' mostly works. I can watch "Dirty Harry" and without looking at the screen do 1-5-6 and get pristine every time. Yes, i will 'miss' some events that won't matter, and might miss a 'flawless' oh well. I'm too ADHD to just sit there waiting for the uber rare 'favor of innovation' or whatever that i have seen 4 times in level 11 max level crafters.
    You are correct though that properly timed and attentive crafting is much more effecient.
  14. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    I use 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, then 1-5-6 until done. Same idea.
    Using the numeric keypad does make it a ton easier.
  15. ARCHIVED-Verky Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    AMEN SISTER!
  16. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

So, because some players don't like tradeskilling, how about we remove it from the game entirely? Some players don't like player housing or see it as superfluous now that we have guild halls, therefore we should remove player housing. Some players don't want to ever do quests, out they go. How about soloing, some players loath soloing, done, end to that. Raiding, some want the rewards but don't want to do it, gone gone gone. Some players hate Heroic content of any kind and hate grouping ever, do away with it as well.
    So... what's left? Log on and claim your reward. You won every MMOG on the planet, both those released and those still in development. No need to do anything more, your reward is for just logging on. Oh wait.. some players might not want to log on or can't log on or are doing other RL stuff that prevents spending anytime logging on... claim your reward by.. umm.. breathing! No one can contest that they don't like to breath, can they?
    What you do in the game is a Choice. If you don't like to tradeskill, it's simple, jsut don't do it. But leave it there so others can choose to do it because they might like to.

And on a more humourous note:
    Eveningsong wrote:
    Gave new meaning to "Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye."
  17. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I have serious carpel tunnel, leveling my 6 epic crafters has caused me a ton of pain (I was almost in tears at times from the pain it was to level with pre combs, I maxed out 2 back then). I've hardly played the last year for various reasons including the pain my hands & arms all the way up to my shoulders are in (I type for my job too so it's never going to get better). I would love to see some way for me to not constantly have to spam buttons, yet make sure crafters are at the keys full time. I do enjoy crafting but not the pain it causes me.
    Allowing macros won't level the playing field (personally I could care less about them, botters never made my game lesser) because the bot programs cost money and not everyone will want to or be able to afford to pay more than they already do for this game. It's also quite risky allowing a macro program to run on your computer! Allowing it would open up floodgates of scamming macro programs that steal passwords, etc.
    Maybe some sort of built in macro thing can be made (like combat 2 step macros but more intricate) but still make you hit something now & then to make sure you're really there. Maybe a disabled helper voice activated feature (does that already exist in some form in Windows?? to make it press the #s... I would love that).
  18. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Three threads...
    One topic to rule them all
    One poster to post them
    One admin to lock them all
    Cause that's a big no-no.
    No, it doesn't rhyme, but I think you get the point.