Add an auto-craft feature to the offical game.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Leucippus, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Leucippus Guest

Tradeskill bots are already a known consideration in the design of the game.

Just surrender to their existance, and allow everyone to craft while away-from-keyboard (AFK).

Change the crafting interface so that if you are AFK you complete items at 1/2 rate as if you are mashing 1-2-3 over and over and over.

At least with this change, all of us could level tradeskilling without giving ourself repetitive motion injuries.

Yeah, the tradeskill bots would still get to 90 in 1/2 the time as the rest of us, but leveling is so fast now that that situation would not be too much of an advantage.

-Leucippus
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Waitaminute. You're the same person who just posted to eliminate XP from creation because of bots?
  3. ARCHIVED-Leucippus Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Yup, that would be me.
    Do something to level the playing field. Make it so the crafting bots can't level; make it so we can all craft and level while away-from-keyboard; do something else creative; but, do something to level the playing field.
    This pretending crafting bots don't exists, well except if it would be a source of rares with the ultra-rare crafting event favor-of-innovation, is unfair.
    -Leucippus
  4. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

That probably menas he gave up on $OE doing anything about them. Sometimes I wonder if those kind of things are side jobs for people.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

/agree with auto-crafting to the offical game

but i'm not a crafter, never have been, prolly never will (until they make a change to make it not totally boring and painful just watching progress bars move slowly all day)
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I haven't seen a crafting botter or any sign of one in ages and ages. Nonetheless, I disagree. Crafting is already quite easy. Go push some buttons.
  7. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Honestly requiring faction and/or 'group ts zones' are what I thought they were doin to combat bots. What other reason is there for those silly requirements?
  8. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

My personal view is that I have better things to do, in-game and out of it, than worry about other people cheating. I play EverQuest 2 because I enjoy questing, spending time with my friends, and the overall experience.
    Crafting in EQ2 doesn't make me more attractive, get me a pay raise, or lower the APR on my credit cards. It's just not that important.
    Focus on what you do enjoy and if you can't stand it and you see someone you think is botting, /petition them, or /report then /petition if you prefer. If chasing down the evildoers rocks your world, then go for it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    There is NO requirement to do any faction or group TS zones in order to level your crafter or even to do tradeskills at all.
  10. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    /shrug I am sure you are right.
    I thought you had to do preliminary quests to get into the 'group ts instance' that would be the same as 'faction grind'. I haven't done that as while I wanted the recipes the 'chances' of getting a useful book were just low to justify the time spent grinding out the zone. (I know that is a personal choice) Most people wouldn't group to do it anyway, so they could make sure they got the drop whatever it was. I still have the zam page bookmarked but after reading it decided that other uses would be better for my time. Just like I didn't "Master" any of my 9 80 crafters.
    And in RoK, while you didn't need them to level. It quickly boiled down to mostly the faction recipes that were worthwhile.
    in DoF while you could get the advanced books via the broker, the prices were outrageous. but with faction you could buy from the courts. etc etc
    The change to writs was meant to combat bots too as u have a few, then turn in, repeat. As writs r the fastest way to level right now imo.
    I am not even sure I will craft in this next expansion, because I refuse to grind out faction stuff again. I will refuse to do the group ts zones so won't be able to amke the 'new' shard armor, if there is new shard armor. Shutting down the ability to sell shards (well mostly since it can still be done), and not making the items 'heirloom' to begin with just made the shard armor worthless recipes to pursue for me. Mostly I just craft up for my alts since stuff doesn't sell for much over fuel on my server, but this next one I may just have to pay Calthine or whoever I can find.
  11. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

Jonaroth wrote:
    You're not a crafter, prolly never will be. So leave crafting to those of us who enjoy it. we'll sell you any crafted items you need. If u want auto-lazy-crafting then go play a game that has it in for those who cant/wont craft, why not ask for auto adv. leveling too?
    Ooo and change your sig. please - you're not Level 80 everything...not Provisioner, Carpenter, Alchemist, Tinkerer, Transmuter, Weaponsmith......
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    I'll repeat again since you seem to miss the point. You are not Required to do any faction quests, tradeskill instances, or even any crafting quests at all in order to level your crafting.
    Quests DO have bonus XP so you are Encouraged to do them, but that's a benefit and not a requirement. Factions DO give access to special recipes so you are Encouraged to do them, but that's a benefit and not a requirement. Tradeskill instances also DO give access to special recipes so you are Encouraged to do them, but that's a benefit and not a requirement.
    There is a HUGE difference between being Required to do something and being encouraged to Choose to do something. No matter how wonderful the reward for doing something, if you can still gain levels without doing it, it's not Required for leveling.
  13. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Thanks, I knew that since i have all crafters at level 80 and I even deleted 2 of them and redid them. And have done no tradeskill faction grinding.
  14. ARCHIVED-Pahya Guest

I AFKed an Entertainer in SWG from creation to Master in two days. Boy I tell you ... did I feel rewarded and proud of her. I was all, "Look at what I did while I watch reruns of Star Trek." to the forty other AFK wiggling twi'leks around me. Then I went to offer a buff or cosmetic work to someone who entered the cantina but they were all "Lol no thanks." Because of course, they had one they'd AFKed to master as well.

... hell no.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Leucippus wrote:
    better idea - add the commabd /make_trade_level = maximum to the game
    done. Sorry it is a less the savory idea in that other game and even a worse one for here
  16. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Leucippus wrote:
    Repetitive motion injuries are caused by the peeps doing this to themselves whether crafting, FPS, on the job and so on. To avoid repetitive motion injuries, it is advised by the medical community to take frequent breaks and do stretching exercises to the specific area. One common injury is carpal tunnel syndrome which effects the fibrous tissues/nerves of the wrist due to repetitive motion. Another type of injury is tendinitis which is an inflammation. Then there are pinched nerves, ALS, peripheral nerve damage and more. These can be caused by not only repetitive work but also stress and sometimes disease. Obesity can also contribute to injuries due to repetitive action.
    Therefore, one must take breaks from constant typing, writing, constant sports such as tennis, golf, and even fishing! This also includes working at a computer. I once had tendinitis of the elbow from constant tournament fishing.
    The solution to your delima is not changing the crafting interface, but changing the way you craft. Take note of your hand positioning over the keyboard. Make sure there is adequate support. Don't continue repetitive motions more more than 20-30 minutes without a break. Exercise. Take responsibility for your own actions instead of looking for someone else to do it.
    If you would like to know more about avoiding motion injuries - simply google it. I recommend using the National Institute of Neurologial Disorders and Stoke site or Mayo Clinic.
  17. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Autocraft?
    No.

imo.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sheliah Guest

Crafting has its interesting part in EQ2, as far as I can see, and I really appreciate it being a bit complicated, Definitely not just click go and it does it all.
    I understood it was even more difficult, but it got much easier (I don't know, I'm a new player myself). Too bad, I would loved myself to see how a forge could kill you if you're not paying attention, hehe.
  19. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Sheliah wrote:
    I remember getting killed by the forge a few times. The loom once I think.
    EDIT: Just wanted to make sure I said I am not for an 'auto' crafter, I am against faction recipes and 'group' ts things. I do realize a lot of folks like them, and to each their own.
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Sheliah wrote:
    You know the hit you'll take if you miss a major event? Those used to hit so hard they'd use up half your Health (or more at low levels). Take a couple in a row and splat. The Woodworking table got me once, in Bat form (because you needed help keeping your power pool up if you used your events proactively). Big dead flat bat on the floor.
    The Forge dealt heat damage, and for a long time was in the top 5 NPC's for player kills. Up there with treasure chests!