ACT trigger for wiz?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Tharrakor, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone know if there's a plug in for act that tells you when reached full increments on frozen solid? That would be a huge help! Mostly I cannot even see the increments due to all the buffs so I have to test it with either frozen wrath or BoD and thereby ruining my FB rotation
  2. Xabbu Member

Not sure on ACT, but I recently installed DarqUI since Drums is pulling support at the end of the year, and found that it had a feature that I have been pining for for quite a while: a dedicated window to monitor a single maintained spell. I now have an icon that shows what my increments are that I can move to anywhere on my screen (I keep mine just next to my hotbars, since that's where I spend the most time looking) that blinks green every time I hit 150. I think you can put an audio cue on it as well, though I may be wrong about that.

Now, without searching through the whole maintained spell list or buff list, I can, at a glance, see how many stacks I have and have a warning flash if it went to 150 while I wasn't paying attention.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  3. zzmax929 Member

Run with logging on
    Set up a trigger with regular expression.... You have reached the maximum increments of Frozen Solid

I just use TTS that set to Frozen

will say Frozen when you hit 150.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for replying, I was hoping that I would'nt have to get a new UI for it.

Zzmax I really did'nt understand anything of what you wrote. Run with logging on? Also what is TTS? And how do I set up triggers?
  5. Tyman Active Member

Ingame type /log will turn on combat logging which allows ACT to run triggers and parser.
    At the top of act you should see a tab called Custom Triggers, if you click that it will open the trigger creator. To create this specific trigger, the first text box on the top should have bubble to click and TTS right next to it. Click TTS (text to speech) and in the text box type Frozen. The next box down is where you will put in the expression "You have reached the maximum increments of Frozen Solid" this is what act searches for in the log files. And for convenience sake make the catagory Wizard so at a glance you can see what the trigger is for.

OR copy <Trigger R="You have reached the maximum increments of Frozen Solid" SD="Frozen" ST="3" CR="F" C="Wizard" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" /> and click import xml at the top of act, whichever you prefer.
    Tharrakor and Morfydd like this.
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

thank u very much guys =)

I actually did install the darqUI as it seemed easier :) However, i cant find that maintained spell window u were talking about?
  7. Sisca Well-Known Member

• Fire up the DarqUI Window Utility and make sure your Wizard (or any character you want to have a specific setup for) is one of the ones listed under the Group tab
    • Click on the SpellMon tab at the top (5th from right on my screen)
    • On the left under the section labeled Character select the wizard from the drop down.
    • Check the Listen on login box under the name, that's what will cause the window to appear on your screen.
    • To the right add Frozen Solid under spell name, leave Follow-up blank and set Warn when to Stack then = then 150
    Once you're in game you should have a window on your screen with 7 lines with the first showing Frozen Solid and an empty box. Once you start getting increments you'll be able to see them there and once it hits 150 it will start flashing.

It's actually a very useful window once you figure it out. For example you can put your latest version of Iceshield as the spell then under follow up select recast spell on target, set the warning to Amount < 2. You'll get the flashing warning when the tank is about to lose the shield and all you have to do is click that icon and it will recast it on whoever it's about to drop on.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Very impressive stuff, this will be very helpful for shamans once ppl star playing them again, warn when the ward is about to drop. I also noticed that detriments under the grpmates names are now clickable and it will cast the appropriate cure for it on the person who got it. Very handy! I can't believe I've used the default UI ever since launch!! :D

I did'nt get the frozen solid window to appear but I'll try it again tomorrow.
  9. Xabbu Member

Sorry....haven't had much free time recently to either play or log into forums....what Sisca said (thanks Sisca :))

Did you ever get the window to appear? If you are still having trouble, open up window options for any window, and at the bottom of the options window, there is a drop down box that will allow you to toggle any window on and off. Should be able to find it that way (I'm not sure of the name of the window....probably something like SpellMon or some derivative of that)
  10. Tagnar New Member

Thanks for the ACT trigger.. I hadn't known that there was anything in the logs for it to pick up.

BTW, DarqUI is fantastic for those little extras.. if only he would expand the login list... Three accounts, some with extra slots, makes it rough when there's only.. what.. 7 or 8 slots (x2).
  11. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah i got it working. Big help! Thank you!
  12. Sisca Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping for number of character expansion as well but I think part of it might have to do with a performance issue. If you look at the .xml file for your group window you'll see a lot of stuff in there for each of the characters that you have setup. If you expand that to far then it could take forever to parse that file every time you zone.