ACT special characters ....

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kalika, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Where can i find the precise list of special characters, i don t have much problem reading regular expressions (even if the syntax is not exactly the posix one but a few examples are enough).

I want to match special character to match tells, group messages, raid messages.

Currently is mostly want to have joust warning for raid and vocal annoucement of lifeburn.

Something useful would also be a message telling me that aoe blocker has run out.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is something you should post on the ACT Forums.

If you can tell me the zone and the mob name, I may be able to just pull one of my triggers out as an example.
    Kalika, Meneltel and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

The forum is quite dead, but i would happily examine your act trigger from ROK till Velious.

I found this :
    : <Trigger R="\\aPC -?\d+ (?<Player_100>[^:]+):[^\\]+\\/a tells you, ?"(?<Message>.+)"" SD="${Message}" ST="3" CR="F" C="Web Imported" T="F" TN="Someone sends you a tell" Ta="F" />

I m not sure about the maning of \aPC ... SD=$(Message) means that digital voice is sued to pronouce the Message captured in the regular expression. , ST=3; CR=F, C="Web imported" and TN=" ,,,,,," are options and action that i cannot find documented.

Wondering if this would work :
    <Trigger R="lifeburn" SD="Lifeburn" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

Something better would be :

Trigger R="(?<NECRO>[^:]+):[^\\]+\\/a tells you, lifeburn" , SD="Lifeburn of ${NECRO}" ST="3" CR="F" C="General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, wherever you can, don't use greedy captures. Use the least amount of identifying text you can get away with so that the trigger fires sooner.

A lot of what you see there is specific to ACT. You can see better what it's doing if you look at the ACT Custom Trigger screen:

[IMG]

If you select a trigger (the one I have highlighted in blue), right click, then choose "Copy as Sharable XML", this is what gets copied to the clipboard:

<Trigger R="(?&lt;PLAYER&gt;\w+)&#92;&#92;/a tells you, &quot;(?&lt;Message&gt;.+)&quot;" SD="tell from ${PLAYER}" ST="3" CR="F" C="Custom: Personal" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

The variables are:
    • R = the regular expression
    • SD = ACT's notification, in this case the TTS phrase
    • ST = {not sure what this is}
    • CR = {probably "Category Restriction checkbox}
    • C = the category in which ACT files the trigger
    • T = {probably Trigger Timer checkbox}
    • TN = {probably the Trigger or Tab Name}
    • Ta = {probably the Add Results Tab checkbox}
    Blazen, Meneltel and Rosyposy like this.