Achievement Shadow of Love not updating/completing

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Severai, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Severai Member

I had all the candies/love notes logged in the achievement other than (of course) the akhessar love note. Knowing from other people that it's not a frequent drop, I bought one on the broker when I saw it. Unfortunately, it didn't update the achievement. Fine, I thought, off to Vex Thal I go. Kaian's got the gift of the gab and managed to sweet-talk a couple of akhessar into writing him notes right away (well, he grabbed them from their cold, dead hands) BUT ... the looted notes didn't update the achievement either. No update, no Ebon Heart title, just couldn't get no satisfaction.

A guildie didn't get an update from a bought note either.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  2. Pone the Wonderhorse Member

Yeah all the notes/candy have to be looted to count.
  3. Severai Member

Thats the point. I looted two (as well as the one from the broker) and they didn't update the quest.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, that's frustrating, and mystifying, Severai. You're right that when looted directly from a mob it should update the achievement. I don't know what would have stopped it from working for you. I just re-tested this in-game and when I looted it from Enforcer Shaaho, an akhessar boss in Vex Thal: Shadow Citadel, it updated my achievement. It seems the issue will be challenging to reproduce.

~ Kaitheel
    Severai and Breanna like this.
  5. Severai Member

Hi Kaitheel, not sure if this has any bearing on anything, but both the notes I looted came from shadow akhessar (is that the right name? The ones that emerge from the shadow pools).

ETA Also, when I looted them, I still had the one that I'd bought from the broker in my inv. Could that have affected things at all?

Either way, it's extremely frustrating, as I didn't realise it hadn't updated until I'd finished the zone and completed the signature line, and now of course I'm unable to access a non-raid version of the instance so have no way of trying to loot another before the end of the event (and I'm nowhere near raid-worthy, so that's not an option). Ah well.

****UPDATED 25 Feb****
    We worked out that the problem was almost certainly that the looted notes were stacking with the bought one and therefore weren't triggering the achievement. Removing the bought one from inv and then looting seemed to do the trick. General rule for quests - don't let non-looted and looted items mix!