Account Wide Status?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kawoosh, May 26, 2019.

1. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Interesting suggestion from Discord.

Zampuric
    "Or atleast make status account wide"
    MrScaryMan
    "that be nice, main has a metric but load of status"
    Zampuric
    "They will probably ignore this though..."

This would be alt-friendly. A concept that lately is lacking at Daybreak.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Use /feedback if you want to be sure a dev sees this.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Account wide status is a thing that comes up like every expac. Every. Expac. Its not a new thing. Its not something that someone "just thought of"... Its a long standing thing, ever since they added vendors that had (at the time) BiS items for purchase with X amount of special currency and an insane amount of status.

In the past, there were ways to circumvent this with no penalties - but those loopholes have since been closed and account wide status was still not put into effect.

Trying to pass this off as being alt-friendly is laughable - considering how fast and hard this would be abused. For example: my primary account has over 20 some odd characters - averaging about 60m status each: so 60m x 20 = (math) a lot. Don't get me wrong - I'd love it, I just can't see it happening without upsetting the entire apple cart.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  4. Redlight Well-Known Member

They should just lower the status cost of most crazy cost items. No problem with the celestial cloak costing a lot, but every raid piece upgrade and black adorns etc. etc.. Crazy.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Of course you're aware that Daybreak employees do view forum comments. And the community manager is supposed to bring topics of interest, to the attention of management.
    [IMG]
    Oh wait ... never mind.

Is there a point to this non-sequitur?

People make suggestions all the time. Because it repeats, it doesn't automatically invalidate them. As you illogically suggest.

People have suggested multiple times for years:
    • Fix the g:/ issue.
    • Fix lag.
    • Fix class balance.
    • Fix account transfers. (Okay I'll say it, Bitter Much?)
    • Fix etal
    Repetition does not make suggestions irrelevant. It does suggest that the people in a position to do something, aren't listening or won't act.

Would love to see proof and citations of your opinion.

But, one thing has nothing to do with another. You're doing A happened, and because A happened a long time ago is the reason B hasn't happened. There is no logical correlation. By example, try these:
    • 'In the past, there were ways to circumvent server transfer exploits with no penalties - but those loopholes have since been closed and server transfers was still not put into effect.'
    • 'In the past, there were ways to circumvent server transfer exploits with no penalties - but those loopholes have since been closed and server transfers are still in effect.'
    • There's the tale of a person who won't stop doing {fill in the blank} because if they stop, the sun won't rise.
    Somewhere, someone is thinking HUH? Exactly. One has nothing to do with the other. Correlation does not imply causation.

It's the same oddball illogic that was made with account transfers.
    • 'In the past, there were ways to circumvent character transfer exploits with no penalties - but those loopholes have since been closed and account transfers has still not put into effect.'
    Yes, account transfers are back. At double the price. :eek:

Using the 'don't make me laugh' style phrase? Charming.o_O
    Unless that was a joke.:confused:

Let's use your math, shall we? Oh wait, you didn't show the connection with "would be abused" and what it has to do with "60m x 20 = (math) a lot." Making your math irrelevant.

Let's do actual math, shall we?

During some undefined time period, doing some undefined status tasks, you racked up:
    • 60M status x 20 characters = 120M total status
    A person with no alts, during the same undefined time period, doing the same undefined status tasks could rack up:
    • 120M status
    Yes, that's a great advantage. To a person without alts. Even though the one with alts would have spent the same undefined amount of time and effort grinding. Which you admit to in your example.:rolleyes:

Funny, or not, those daily coin quests are a lump sum to the account. Whether this is done with one character or multiple characters, it all goes in the same pile. Daybreak allows this. Maybe Daybreak should allow status to work the same way.

Don't be discouraged. You got as many likes, as I put up comments from Discord. Of course I could put up more of the Discord and forum status suggestions. But that would be a survey, not a suggestion post.

Sorry. You haven't provided any objective proof or logical arguments, about why it would be "upsetting the entire apple cart."

But nice, uh, speech.
    Soara2 and Zeddicious like this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Math in public is fun. 60M * 20=1200M, not 120M. Fact is on alts it is fairly easy to rack up 60M status by doing one of a kind quests for high status rewards. Getting to 1.2 Billion status is quite a bit harder. This in no way is an argument for or against account wide status, just wanted to clarify the point I thought was being made.
    Soara2, Zeddicious and Dude like this.
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

My sweet summer child, bless your heart. I applaud your attempts to goad me into becoming defensive and replying with my empirical data and facts of how to exploit the status system, but its its not going to happen. This is clearly my 2nd rodeo.

I tried to explain it to you, but I certainly can't understand it for you. Willful ignorance is unbecoming.
    Soara2, Dude and Breanna like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Loyalty tokens are account-wide, but can only be obtained once daily, despite who does them, whether it be your main or an alt or the activities split between more than one character on the account.

To make status account-wide would probably end up meaning something like this, and I don't see that as beneficial to any of us. We can rack up millions of status points just doing the three guide quests, and add to it by completing quests, kills, or whatever else gives us status...on each character.

If they make status account-wide...are they going to change these guide quests to being completed only once per account, being able to be done by our main, an alt, or split up between several characters? If that's what it means, then no, I'd rather keep status as is.

If, on the other hand, they let each character obtain the status, then make the status account-wide...I have no objection, though I honestly don't see why anyone would abuse this, or why we need it. I don't even spend all the status I have now. I think my main has around 65 mil banked at the moment, and my alts all have at minimum around 3 mil apiece. Of course, that is just me. It doesn't mean everyone else is the same. :)

The only one I can see benefiting from this is our mains, who in many cases, may have already spent all their status and want to take what their alts have, rather than the other way around. I honestly cannot see them making this change, without the added aspect of how loyalty tokens are obtained, which would in essence, result in less status, rather than an equal amount, for us.

What I would like to see, however, is holiday and event currencies being made available account-wide. The coins are heirloom anyways, so we can already pass the coins to our mains, so I don't see what difference that would make, other than to make it more convenient to not have to bank the coins and remove the coins from the bank, thereby saving us two steps of inconvenience. This, I see no difference in, and would actually be player friendly. Again, only if they don't decide to make these events once per account as opposed to doing it on each character. I would be thoroughly annoyed by a change like that, lol.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  9. Nelenerap Member

I would like to see the ability to transfer status from 1 toon to another since it's used as a form of currency.

Other spendable items (Plat, Void Shards, Ethereal Coins, Archivist Tremmis, etc) can be put in the shared bank and transferred around, why not status points as well?
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

At a guess, I'd say that the non-transferability of status is exactly why it's being used to buy so much these past two expacs.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I mean.. Mepps the senior CM is still here.
    Breanna likes this.