Account wide Deity Points. Cmon devs, when is this coming?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

OK, I see. I still need to verify if this 1% is applied to the base value of attribute or to the final value of attribute after all other multipliers already have been applied.
    This evening I'm going to get a level in Tithe Stamina, I'll try not to forget to check it :)
  2. Stach Well-Known Member

To tell you the truth, it should be turned back to the way it was originally put in the game, then it would end all this worry of account wide.
  3. Kielex Well-Known Member

They should make it account wide and make running heroic zones give tithe to you are a decent rate. Plain logical thinking. Something the devs lack these days.
    Jrox and Scrappyz like this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

I agree, just turn the grinding factory back on in Ossuary and let us at it. Those that want it will go get it and the ones who obviously didn't care before will continue not to care. I don't have the time I did last summer, but I would make time if the return was at least equal what it used to be. Now gaining tithe is one of the worst things to try and gain in the game. Hey, I have an Idea, since were pay to win now, sell me a point for 100 DBC, I'll buy that for a dollar!
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The issue is that tithe is something that new players (or new toons) can never catch up with. The gear chase resets, to some extent, every expac.

Note: My main has 30 tithe potency, so I'll be getting a boost, but not a huge one. It will help the toons I maintain as raid alts more.
  6. Kielex Well-Known Member

What would be fair is a leveling curve that is better than the current one and tithe being rewarded from completing zones/doing quests etc properly, instead of max 10 tithe points in one heroic, make it 100.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

I completely agree with turning it back into what it was last expansion. It's current state is too powerful and too rewarding to people who literally have nothing better to do than to log in 8-12 hours a day and grind, while people who have full time jobs have 10k+ potency less than them. I can understand that people logging in more often are going to have a leg up in parts of the game, that makes sense, but to have THAT much more potency? No, maybe 500? Maybe 1k? Not 10k+ and the gap will only widen as gear gets more and more potency on it because it is percentage based, so next expac we could be looking at 30-40k+ more potency? The idea is crazy. Each tithe point should give 0.1% not 1% to the base,

Either put it at 35 and hard cap it there, or make the level 100 hard cap MUCH easier to reach (like a month or two grinding max) instead of this year long grind where 90% of the population is still under 50 points.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

The problem with the 'old' tithe is that it was completely useless. When people have 30k+ potency 10, 30 or even 100 isn't worth bothering with.. especially since it takes so long to get.
  9. Kioske Well-Known Member

And yet when they had 12k potency those people who have 50+ points were bothering to grind it.. why is that? You are correct, it wasn't worth bothering with, but that doesn't mean it was completely useless. An extra potency point is an extra potency point. Lots of things in this game have been useless over the years. In it's currently form it is not only "not useless" it is game breaking. It ruins all form of balance the game was even close to having, and the fact that current raid content being progressed on is balanced around guilds that have more than 50% of their raiders with nothing better to do than to log in 10-12 hours a day and grind tithe means that any guild that doesn't do that is going to be left behind. Going back to the old system is 100x a better solution than leaving it in it's current state. The only reason they are creating a bauble that puts everyone at 35 points is because they realize their content can't be scaled around the people that have 50 points but still also allow people who have 20 points the opportunity to progress through it without grinding 8 hours a day.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

There should be a happy medium between useless and over-powered.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

I did say make it give 0.1% instead of 1% right? That seems like a happy medium.
    Stach likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd probably suggest 0.25%. 4 to 1 seems a useful amount without being overpowered. 10 to 1, especially given how much xp goes into the higher tithe values seems too steep to me.
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

Would still be too powerful, in my opinion. Now instead of 10-15k more potency they only get 2500-3500? That's still too much for 1 game mechanic to change. At most from top to bottom it should add a total of 1000 potency to a character. Any more than that and it starts to become game breaking. That's why you go into zones and have tanks doing 2-3 times as much as some T1 DPS, even if the T1 DPS isn't a casual, and used to be a pretty high end raider in terms of skill. They just don't have the time to log in 8-10+ hours a day to grind tithe.

Anything more than 0.1% per tithe point is game breaking and ruins the already fragile balance of this game in terms of DPS, in my opinion.
  14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Hell, the fact that the potency increase from T3 gear to T4 gear is 1280% to 2275% is a damn joke. I don't know who is doing the itemization in this game, but it clearly needs help.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

And what is your solution?
  16. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I have made some calculations as promised yesterday, but unfortunately they are not 100% complete.

My Deity/Tithe Stamina raised from level 7 to 8. My Health increased about 0.8% in total (from 50395 to 50804). It is not 1% like some people expected it to be.

My total Max health increase from AA, Tithe and gear is at 48.8% right now, I do believe it was at 47.8% before Tithe Stamina level increase.

Well, it still does not look too bad. 0.8% Max Health is still quite a lot. But keep in mind that for character level 100 total Max Health increase is much much bigger than 48.8%. Potency on developed level 100 character is already about 30000%. Adding 30% to 30000% does not make any difference.... Well, I still have to verify this.

It confirms my belief that the gain from Diety/Tithe is small and for fully developed level 100 character it is unimportant.
    But it may be important for a low level character. Adding 30% to 30000% is nothing, but adding 30% to 5% makes sense.
    Sharing it between characters of different level is unfair in my opinion.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that its a little late to be nerfing it. Unless they want to completely adjust all of ToT and KA to accommodate a nerf.
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

Tithe stamina isn't overly powerful no, but tithe potency is. 30% tithe potency on a 30000 potency pool is 9000. There's a big difference between a toon with 30k potency and one with 39k potency.
  19. Vokan Well-Known Member

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. It's not adding 30 to 30000, it's basically adding 30% of the total potency you gain by other means. Perhaps higher at that level.
    Malleria likes this.
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

no it adds 30% potency and add 30% to your potency. It does both actually