Account wide Deity Points. Cmon devs, when is this coming?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

but mobs on D3 scale with players. Not EQ2 mobs.
    I don't mind having something else to do after end game (though it also means u cannot work on alts if u want a better main)
    Shmogre likes this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't envy the devs this puzzle...the concept is fairly simple ("Give the players something to progess in after hitting max level"), but the reality is way more complex.

Agreed. I've actually been enjoying getting the tithe points, especially with my ascension maxed out. It makes me feel a bit more invested in playing regularly, since I can see some progress from the effort. If they can work out the account/server-wide tithe, it will help make it more rewarding to play on alts since the effort won't be entirely "wasted" on my main.
    Prissetta and Mermut like this.
  3. Banana Tree Member

Trying to keep tithe on a few alts somewhat balanced had better not be the wrong choice...
  4. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

so kander had told me this was happening possibly april, but more likely may. now that june and july have also passed, is a dev yet willing to comment on if or when this will happen? whats the logic with keeping the war on alts going this long? are they hoping to make less money by selling less character slots since its so time consuming to level more then 1 toon, be it grinding at up to 10 xp per mob on fallen gate, or taking hundreds of hours to develop tithe on lvl 100 servers? or is the point to force everyone to fallen gate, and hope that the grind brings in tons of money on xp pots? ive been watching for this feature for about 7-8 months now, and seriously wish they would at least give us an official response.
  5. Revco New Member

According to Kander on Discord, they're shelving the idea...

I'm sure someone could post his answer.
  6. Revco New Member

7. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

that's horrible. I think I like it even less than nothing at all. lets not reward anyone that worked hard on 1 toon, lets entitle every player with 35 pot pts for not doing anything at all. acct wide tithe was a much better idea.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  8. KythosMeltdown Active Member

yes, leaving a 35point tithe gap between new players and old players is a great idea /s

the amount of catch-up in this game before you can actually "start playing" needs to be reduced even more, but this is a good start.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

sure they don't force you. it just that when it happens, people like you come out of the woodwork to want to make it account wide. make it easier. make it so I can have all my alts at the same level without putting long term effort into anything but 1 toon. I got alts. and their tithe isn't even close to the mains. and I accept that. if I want to have 20 tithe in all 3 areas, on all my toons, I'll have grind it all out.

just like with the PGs, if you make tithe account wide, all it'll do is the same thing it does EVERY time they make something account wide: take the character that has it the easiest at the time, and grind it out so every character get the bonuses in the shortest possible time.

I know players who specifically make toons JUST to take advantage of a game mechanic or a 'trick' for those purposes. like how many people have monks, JUST so that they can FD farm shinies? how many people made Conjys JUST to plop them somewhere for CoH? how many made Scouts just to sit them in a zone so they can Track for something to be up?

and you think it won't happen for Tithe? You don't think someone is going to figure out what class can get tithe the fastest and then we'll see a flood of that class, swarming over the 'right' content like locusts? so that the Wizard or Necro or SK they have that they are barely competent in can 'hide' it a bit longer?

the assassin that doesn't know really how to play, but can put up 'acceptable' numbers because he ground out 70 tithe in potency with his beastlord?

a tank that has trouble with aggro or survival, but now wants to do expert zones becuase his wizard ground him out 50 tithe in pot and health?

not everything needs or should be account wide. you want to have alts, then have them. and play them.
    but accept that you'll have to put in the time if you want them to have high tithe. you already don't have to put any time into them except for Ascention and Tithe as it is.

and maybe the PGs solo.
  10. Tajar Well-Known Member

While I agree it may suck for those that did a long grind and already have way more than 35, bringing us all up to the same level, or at least closer, will give them a better base to balance things for the new xpac.
  11. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for interruption, but I don't understand a problem it seems. Are you talking about 15% or 30% or Potency, CB and Health increase that Tithe can provide you with? 30% of Potency is almost nothing compared to 500% or 5000% of Potency that many people already have due to AA and gear. Am I missing something?
  12. Lemons New Member

Tithe is % of total ( insert stat ) so like 17 tithe in potency is 17% more potency.
  13. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Yes, but in EQ2 world it usually means that you get 17% of the base value, doesn't it? 17% of the base value is almost nothing.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

because u think I didn't put a lot of effort grinding tithe ?

I just wasn't there when it was possible to grind tithe easy by one shotting mobs that opposed no resistance to u while giving a lot of xp.
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

Potency as a stat works as 17% of the ability you're casting, yes. How Tithe works is it's 17% of your potency stat.

So for instance you have 10,000 potency > you get a bauble that gives you 35 Tithe potency like was suggested in Discord > you now have 13,500 potency. That's why it's so unbalancing to have some people with 50+ tithe, and others with 10. If they create content that people can do with 10 tithe, the ones with 50+ will blow through it like it's nothing. If they create content for people with 50+ tithe, the people with 10 won't be able to do it at all.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  16. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Thanks Malleria, I didn't know that. That makes Tithe valuable indeed. I'll check it when I get my Tithe increased.
  17. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Still I don't think that I understand it completely. What about Stamina? Stamina increases by 5 per Tithe level.
    The Stamina of my level 81 Paladin is 2962 at the moment. Ten levels in Tithe in Stamina would give me +50 Stamina.
    That's almost nothing.
    I definitely need to double check it myself :)
  18. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Sta also increases your max health by "X%".. 10 points would be an extra 10% to max health
  19. Kielex Well-Known Member

It is only that the people who grinded tithe for months don't get a thing. A great reason for the grinders to uninstall. Good thinking @Kander.
  20. Kielex Well-Known Member

Can you also give new players all T4 gear when next expansion launches so that they caught up? While you are at it, why not their mythical weapons too since we are just going to give away to everyone who doesn't play a lot. Make this game FULLY pay to win, go go go!