Account warning possible permanent ban ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Londoner, May 10, 2020.

1. Faelfreeblood Active Member

NO PC in game world, no politics for or against, keep it to its world, no temp gen trend Ads (keep to EQ) (''being Pragmatically correct ''the real PC'') which is much better IMO. I think inappropriately applied things don't matter out of context with reasonable limits under law respected.

Life comes with a unwritten disclaimer, unwritten but casually and effectively indicated. Declaimer in effect after the womb: and subject to perception (often in shift) everywhere you look: May contain offensive content...you may be offended.

Best to take every reasonable effort and leave at that or you tantamount to taking a political side in a video game no manner how well meaning, and the game becomes a propaganda mess and not a game in one way or the other.

So to avoid this: Keep it to its own world judge by that, unless traditional obscenity or absolutely in violation of what is possibly allowed and company is req to disallow. Hence neutral. Hence happy players, seeking escapism from irl stuff getting what they pay for.

Crudely put intent and context is everything and Opinions are like this made up NPC: :( ''A'' treacherous void Hole.'' Lvl 80. for example. (maybe something you would encounter in sentinels fate lowlands or on a forum that dose not exist in the game world) and so has no meaning ''ideally''?

The above is a statement of opinion only. Also brought to you by the Bedazzled league for: I don't care, you don't care: just take it away. Circa zero neg 1 plus, thorough 1970 something to 2498 AD X. Have a nice day.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Huh? o_O
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Me being cute. My Opinion is:

Keep it to what exist (name references to/in game world). No irl references beyond what coincidence exist in game. Keep naming policy or offense thing down to only enforcing what is req by law so the game company seems to take no side and its about the game.Otherwise that's you giving a RL opinion beyond the game or could be interpreted that way by obnoxious sorts, to be antagonistic.

Opinions otherwise very, become subjective and can be made into anything to bring the company game and therefor people who love the game trouble (hypothetically speaking).

It can create a no win because its subject to and in social flux of opinion on what is/is not offensive...like in cultures...and you have a company with a long term game (public opinions vary and change) ie in my view Policy according to requirements is the only logical way if zealotry seems to abound. This because it makes no debatable statement.

Also past a point your dealing with subjective interpretation. Whats in trend ''offensive'' now may backfire later so keep it by the book which is pragmatical neutral (in context of a game labeled Fantasy) and correct for its about a fictional game world and people (characters) like that.

All of this Just my hypothetical Opinion and is to be interpreted as such.

If you leave it on the GMs they could be being reasonable and hypothetically lets say: still take flak with 4 different takes on the ''character name'' among a group of friends. (name means something in obscure language of the dudes 4 gen back grandmother and his beliefs stem around her in a religious since...or something like that, that most would call out there.

People play clearly labeled fantasy games to escape that sometimes. There are usually many disclaimers to protect the game, or you can not play.

Otherwise conceivably, hypothetically, in the most extreme example I can think of: it could need to be made into another mutimillion dollar game ''or be shut down'' for that one person if he alone where offended, and that is hardly commercially viable ''if carried to the limit, where to right this for him: it would need to change meaning mechanics or gameplay'' (and the argument of offense could and has been tried to be taken to that silly level with Corporations in many contexts. hehehe rarely if at all flies though...because you know, clear product labeling and disclaimers. Lol :)
  4. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I believe there is an In-game title: Bone Daddy .... just sayin'
  5. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Could be a ''Boss'' Skeleton or Necro name in context right?