Account warning possible permanent ban ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Londoner, May 10, 2020.

1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Don't parents in world of Norrath give their children three or even two letter in names? Especially on Isle of Mara. What do you think Qho? And I think that dbg visionaries should have reconsidered their naming policies for our toons long ago. Current politics is as stupid as names of some of npc in game. Some of them are offensive. And is that normal? In addition, you can meet in game characters with names that you personally seem offensive. But they are fully consistent with dbg policy. And at same time, huge number of vacant names that can not offend anyone are not available so that they can be given to our toons. When I created my first char I was forced to add one letter to his name. And this one letter of alphabet turned into thumb that appears between index and middle fingers of my hand squeezing some amount of free money; of this hand directed towards office of company. Yes, this may be unseemly gesture for someone, but it’s mutual. Mutual respect so to speak..
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I had an issue with my Mystic's dog. The mystic is Bonekeeper, because she started off as our guild L&L mule before repositories. So her dog was named "Bonedigger", which for some reason trips the naughty filter.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

The one that still makes me scratch my head is that my main character from EQ is a dirty name in EQ2. *shrug*
    Snikkety, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Your kidding me. I have seen many names far more offensive than Nutscratcher and they are still running around on Maj'Dul. Glad you were able to get the info and you can now change the name to one you like. It appeared that the naming process changed over the years where offensive and suggestive names became the norm so I would not have thought that yours would be seen as offensive seeing as so many actually are and they are still around.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think it depends on if someone complains or not. I know I've seen some names too and they go on, but probably no one has complained about them yet.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

It wasn't always like that. We actually had GM's back then that occasionally were in zones but those days are long gone, right along with the phone number you could actually call the company and talk to a living human being. Now you file a 'petition'.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have seen names far worse than that. I have seen names on Kaladim that would make a sailor blush and they are still there, the same on AB and they are still there.
    Dude, AOE1, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Londoner Member

I have to accept that the decision was made that Nutscratcher was a name that was not permitted even though the toon was created years ago.

As some have said that the name Nutscratcher is not that bad and I agree that years of playing and only one complaint the name was removed.

I would like to state one thing though that Nutscratcher was a sage and was creating a lot of spells and driving down the server prices whilst being in a broker war with another player.

The other player I suspect and cannot prove has installed the mod that allows you to have warnings that they have been undercut making it pointless of undercutting by a reasonable amount as within minutes they have undercut you and you cannot sell merchandise. That modification seems to be allowed and is freely available on the same website that you can obtain eq2 maps. Yes I could install the same mod however I feel this to be an unfair advantage against other players.

Anyway I accept the decision that was made and have to move on.

I would like to know how long these warnings stay valid for as I have played everyday legitimately and don’t like this dark cloud hanging over my shadow. The email warning does not state how long the warning was for.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The warnings stay on your account forever, but I don't think they particularly take them into consideration for anything unless you're getting multiple naming reports.

I had one about 8 years ago for Fumbduck, (Which the GM allowed me to change to Thumbduck...) and it never got in the way of any further account checks I was given.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

rofl. They thought Thumbduck was better than Fumbduck? Now that is truly hilarious. There is nothing wrong with either of them. And I know where you were going with Fumbduck. Great naming btw.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Errrorr like this.
  11. Bluberryz New Member

Don't worry about it to much. When the game launched there were only two genders.
    Loghain and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Kaldrun Member

saw a spell for sale on the broker today.......

made by Nutscratcher.....

R.I.P.
    Breanna, AOE1 and Cyrrena like this.
  13. dorotea Well-Known Member

When the game launched there were only two genders.<
    I rather doubt that human biology has changed since then. What is "politically correct" perhaps but not the actual biology.

Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

Back in the day of active Game Mods, one of our guildies had a "questionable" name. Apparently someone out in Norrath reported him. The Mod showed up in Guild and msg'd the player to talk about it, I guess . Our guildie was panicking in voice that a Mod was trying to talk to him. Everyone was telling him to answer, but he just pretended to be afk.

The next day that player signed in and his new name was Innocent or Celestine....can't remember exactly, but he was apparently named after a deceased Pope, lol.
    Breanna, AOE1, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

If they change your name, you don't get a free rename. I had a guardian named Communism that someone took offense to and reported, which was changed. I petitioned when I didn't get a rename and was told to go pound sand. This also happened to my character Donald Duck, who hadn't been logged in for quite some time, and my personal guild with a hidden hall and no tags, so they just went into my account and changed every name they didn't like, regardless of reports. Fun system.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

The nerve of those...communists! :)
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

Communism was a good guardian. I ran around overland zones tanking mobs for people. Then his name was changed to something dumb so I had to end his suffering. RIP Communism, 2018-2019.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I try to stick with one rule in naming my toons. Keep them easy to type and short. That is a carryover from eq1 days of having to invite people to raids with names that took forever to type. What a pita that was so I got in the habit of making mine something someone else won't have to struggle to type.
  19. Sasquatch New Member

My shadowknight kept the name Uncletouch for a while until I made his last name Your'Naughtyspot.
  20. Kilar Active Member

Haha my Beastlord has a duck called Donald
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Snikkety like this.