Account & Commerce Update - Resolved

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Nelie Well-Known Member

From what I have seen, and the way I take this (I could be wrong), I think once you claim your SC for your paid month, it wants you to sub for next month (if you are not ahead on claimed time) in order to be "100% guaranteed" for the next 30 days of time. This confused me at first too but I payed up for the next month and it shown me my next date for next month's SC claim.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am on a monthly recurring plan, so it automatically renews each month. As an all-access member, the marketplace should indicate that I am an all-access member and not try to get me to click the button to sign up for all-access again, but that's what it shows me when I log into the game. Hence, why I'm waiting until my next payment comes out two days from now, to see if it changes. From what I read into the ticket, it should be fixed then, but reading a few other posts in this thread, it sounds as if it may not actually get fixed. I am just patiently awaiting the outcome, and will proceed from there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Nelie Well-Known Member

It is because (if by some chance or change of mind) your card gets canceled/declined, they still want you to go member for next month. If you are credited before* your billing date then you know for sure you will be a member for next month (and so will SOE) and that is why it will show your next claim date.

So for you, once your card hits, you should be able to claim your 500 SC showing when it will expire (30 days from when you were charged).

EDITED: credited before * by using kronos or SC time cards
  4. pzpz Active Member

Hopefully all the confusion generated by the system telling subscribers they need to subscribe doesn't generate an influx of support tickets resulting in a mass increase of support costs causing a further reduction in actual developer staffing ending in less new content that has never been released broken and eq2 is dying.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

I have 2 accounts. Both on recurring 3 month subs but both paid up for between 5-12 months with kronos. (so I'm not going to get billed on my CC for a good while).

One account shows the time to my next SC claim, the other wants me to become a member. I don't get why they're different. The one that is not showing correctly has longer prepaid time also.

It shows the wrong SC balance also, although on my account page it is correct....
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

If it shows the wrong balance in the game it indicates there is a issue contacting the commerce server - normally show a default of 1200 if it is not 0. On the account that shows become a member petition it at www.soe.com, it was posted somewhere in this thread that it is a account issue that needs to be handled by CS
    Regolas likes this.
  7. Destovie Member

For anyone whos claim button is greyed out an saying upgrade to all access it could be because there is not enough time left on your account for it to be claimed
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Definitely not the case for me. My sub expires in mid 2015
  9. Destovie Member

odd that worked for me.
  10. Xanik Xeus New Member

I have the same problem as the other people here. I have had a 3-month recurring charge on my account, and yet cannot access the all-access claim, because the claim button is grayed out and I should upgrade. Upgrade? I've been upgraded since 2001! (or whenever EQ original came out) and have been making recurring payments since EQ2 originated.
    So what gives and how come my petition and technical support remain unanswered?
    I am Xanik Xeus on the Oasis server and can be reached at xanikxeus@aol.com
    Please respond.
  11. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

go to www.soe.com and open a support ticket
  12. Zookeeper Active Member

On one of my auto-billed Gold Membership accounts, I tried the claim the 500SC when it became available. The button on Marketplace, however, does not say to "click here to claim 500 SC." It says "Become a Member." I tried it, anyway, and it really does want me to pay for a membership, rather than collect 500 SC.
    I could not /allaccess claim SC, either. Nothing happened when I chose to type in "/allaccess claim."
    I petitioned and explained the steps I took. I also had a record of my original amount of SC, so I would know if 500 was added,
    since that would change the total.
    My account kept the "Become a Member" with no way to /claim SC that worked. I petitioned an answer to my petition to find out why I could not get the membership button (paid up account, and auto-renewed through PayPal) to put the "Claim SC now" button up instead of "Become a Member" or why /allaccess claim did not work.
    So far, I have not seen any changes, and still cannot get SC applied to the account that I petitioned on.
    There was an impromptu, unannounced shutdown of the game a few nights after the long shut down. I am wondering if that one
    affected the SC claim feature, and possibly other features.
    I still have the same balance (Notepad is convenient for keeping track) of SC that I had before I should have been able to "Claim" it.
    The issue is not yet resolved.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm having the exact same problem (though I use a credit card instead of PayPal), but I can't say it's been unresolved for me yet, since I just now sent in my ticket (nothing at all about it in the database to search, though I've noticed they have an entire sub-category for "Where is my 500 Station Cash?" now...), so I've got some time for them to not resolve it here. Initially, I'd been able to get my 500 SC fix by clicking the button, ever since that became an option, on the 1st of each month (certainly it was more than happy to do so for me last month). This month, it assured me that I could click again on the 1st of August! Honest! :D

It lied.

Went to check My Account on soe.com. Apparently, there wasn't any hitch with the billing at all, there are no locked characters as there would be if there was something wrong with my credit card (going from 40+ characters down to 4, believe me, I'd notice), and that I'd get my next SC on the next actual billing date, rather than the 1st. Well, that was news to me; apparently the SC button is generic, and doesn't care enough that I've logged in on my account to change the date to something that reflects reality. I was puzzled by its non-responsiveness on the 1st; when I checked again tonight, that's when it laughed and said I needed to actually become a real little member. Not only worrisome, but getting downright infuriating. X-P

What's also puzzling/infuriating is this: if I started up in, say, January, on the 2nd, originally (not the case, but bear with me), wouldn't I be paying to be able to play for the rest of that first month of January? Shouldn't it not "expire" until the 2nd of February (or at least 12:01 am PST on the 3rd, if no payment of any sort was made before then)? And if it's monthly recurrent, or like a 3-month, 6-month, etc., why should I have to worry about having to do anything, when it's automatically taken out? :-/

I did make the mistake, perhaps, of using a Station Card recently, but I'd specifically gone to the specific soe.com site and told them specifically in my specific account that I only wanted the 1500 SC, specifically, and NOT any account time. At that point, my Wallet acknowledged that I did, indeed, have a new influx of 1500 more SC, and all was right with the world. After checking My Account recently, they told me they'd be billing my credit card, as usual, as if there'd been no lapse because of my "buying time" (which I did not do, and everything in the system at the time concurred) with a Station Card. But maybe I'd actually confused something in there... X-P

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...updating: just had a Gold account character try to purchase a Bag of Platinum, which he wouldn't be able to if we weren't all considered Gold account characters any more. He didn't have a problem at all of doing so. :-/

Uwk
    who really thinks someone needs to slap that commerce server upside the head, hard
  15. beagley Well-Known Member

I have the issue on both of my All Access accounts. The splash screen invites me to become a member so I don't lose the opportunity to get 500 SC in the future.

Howver in game, I'm still receiving double currency for writs, etc "as a member" and logging into the account area on soe.com confirms I'm an All access member and that my next SC grant date is 16/08. So the splash/marketplace screen is somewhat misleading.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Misleading = broken, I think; I was able to make a purchase with the SC I had left (complete with the discount for being a real member), and put some more in my wallet without any issue, so I think we're at least narrowing the problem down.

But whatever they did to resolve it needs to be done again, I think, or perhaps a different method that'll actually fix it. :-/

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; apparently, it had something to do with the whole "let's give them some extra free time on their accounts to say we're sorry for the glitch earlier!" bit (at this point, I'm not sure I want another apology for the apology...), in that we got a "free" 2 days, and it looks like the only way they could do it was by setting up a "2 day recurring account" (sure hope they don't wind up billing me every 2 days...), but the Station Cash button, which is, apparently, the only way to get the monthly recurring 500, was confused and telling us our long-standing account(s) had expired. If they don't want to give us an "extra" 500 SC for those two days, fine. But for pity's sake, don't have it say our accounts no longer exist; that's alarming and tends to severely irritate the players. :-/

Uwk
    beagley and flameweaver like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Finally resolved. Devs, please don't apologize like this to us again, or at the very least, please make it more clear. X-P

Uwk
    aspekx likes this.
  19. aspekx Well-Known Member

i am now having this issue as well. my All Access 'buff' is still visible on my character and my SOE account page (not my EQ2 or forums page) states that i have a functioning All Access account.

however, the Claim SC button is a redirect button. the button itself states that i should "Become a member," and when i use the button it takes me to the Marketplace page so that i can do just that.

so what do i need to do to resolve this? my next payment, because of the extra 2 days, is scheduled for the 5th of August, 2014.
  20. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

Wait the two days. That's what I had to do on my other account that is recurring monthly membership.

On this account, I get the redirect too. It should say "Add more time" or something like that. The way it is stated is wrong for the way Membership currently works - that is, being a member NOW means pre-paying for additional time, where as the old was subscribing and not being billed until the subscription is due to expire. We were poorly informed about changes and support articles are out of date. Informed decisions can't be made with information that isn't current. An example is the link below.

https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28942/kw/Subscription/p/20

There is no membership upgrade path for an account that has an recurring annual renewal that is also pre-paid until October 2015 (this account). I should not see a button with the current wording. Now, if it said, "Add additional PRE-PAID time", maybe followed with a blip of other "great offerings" (based on if the account has the CE or not, or whatever promo is going on at the time) it would look more polished and direct.

I may as well throw in that there is also no additional expansion upgrade for an account that is currently flagged with ToV CE and those accounts shouldn't see an Expansion button until the next expansion arrives.

I hope by 2015 this is ironed out.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and aspekx like this.