Account can't mount train - troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Katz, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find out why one account can and one account can't mount train when both are all access.

Are there specific account requirements that must be met to begin training?

For example, did it come with the purchase of an expansion? (That is the only thing I can think of that might be different between the accounts as the account it works on is up to date to latest expansion and this account that can't mount train has through Planes of Prophecy.)

Do you have to have one character a certain level? That seems unlikely since I can train on lower level characters on the account that works but I'm reaching for any reason.
    The launcher says all my files are up to date. I validated them just in case. I can see the place to train them but when I click on the "start training" button, nothing happens.
    I did google but found nothing that helped.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Does this problem exist when the character(s) are standing in Antonica or the Commonlands? (You can't work with the mount in your home or most guildhalls, for example).

(2) When you say "train", do you mean "click the Mount Tab on the Character Window, click the saddle icon with the blue icon, then click the Start Training button? If not, can you detail each of the exact steps you are taking, and describe what happens?

(3) If the mount is at level 20, it cannot be trained further.

(4) If you are trying to use a mount training potion, you must have a mount summoned, and you must have already clicked the Start Training button before you can use the potion.
    Katz, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

1. On the account that doesn't work it happens everywhere. I've tried in areas where I can train mounts on the other account.
    2. Yes, that is what I mean. I go through the whole process and when I click on the Start Training button it does nothing.
    3. None have trained at all on that account so it isn't that they are maxed. On the account that won't train mounts, I can't train on any character with any mount in any area. Characters are various levels and so forth.
    4. I'm just trying to train using the start training button.

That's why I asked if you needed a certain expansion to do it. That is the only thing I can think of that is different between the two accounts.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You may need to post this in the Bugs forum here so QA and devs see it. Or /bug in-game.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Celan Active Member

No need to /bug anything.

"The Chaos Descending Expansion is required to use this feature" is the message I get when trying to train a mount on an account that does not have CD.
    You may want to check that you've turned on all kind of messages if you can not see that one in your chat window.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks! I replied in the other thread. You've solved my mystery.
    Breanna likes this.