Accepted as MT, viable DPS - stop moaning pls!

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Wildfury77, Dec 3, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Wildfury77 Guest

I'm fed up of the constant anti-monk posts on our own forum!! Its ok to campaign for improvements but to claim *we can't tank*, *we are just shiney farmer's* makes us lose all credibility ---> cos the DEVs have seen what some of us CAN do!
    I'm in a Medium raid-guild --> Myths, Trak, A lot of TSO, (WOEx2/week if we could still be bothered).
    1. Last night i MT'd Emperor's Atheneum with 1 healer(warden) with no agro loss and no whipes on last named - something i've seen many Ptanks struggle with!
    2. I can't parse 20k like BChizzle but i'm up to 12-14k now....so DPS improving
    3. Can MT PoF/Guk3 with 1 healer.....
    4. Offtank/Emergency tank on TSO raid zones. MT PUG raids for VP/Levi etc.
    5. Can clear DForge in under 8mins (as MT)

I'm not claiming to be BETTER than a crusader, but clearly we CAN MT and MT well, i get a raid place, parse well and offtank well. Its not as bad as some of you say!
    My fixes:
    • I would like more AOE agro.
    • I would like our debuff to actually debuff significantly.
  2. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Grondak@Nagafen wrote:
    I feel the same way man. I think many of the folks here raise some good issues with our class but the end of the world monks are useless mongering is just way too much over the top for me. I'd like to see some improvements in some key areas but we are hardly as bad as people like to scream about.
  3. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Congratulations owning heroic content in raid gear that trivializes it. Now, when you can easily tank PoF/Guk3 with a single healer wearing all heroic-obtainable gear, you might have a point.
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    I did it in RoK gear you don't have a point.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wildfury77 Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    One word: progression.....
    TSO has been out ages - easy to gear imho in stages.
    1. Shards ---> T2 armor, etc.
    2. Heroic instances --> Fabled upgrades e.g. Ranged Item in Anathema, Vampire ring in EAbbey, Bracelet and Charm and Weapon in Guk1, Waist item in Guk 2, Necklace in Veksar (ST). Even if u were in a dps role or as MT with 2 healers, none of these zones are hard and its not that rare TBH.
    3. Get your masters and 200 AA.
    4. Get your T3 paterns from WOE and Jewelry. Even an inept PUGx2 should kill first 5 nameds TBH. You can do this x2/week
    5. Finish TSO signature quest --> Sweet weapon and cloak.
    6. Get your myth - old zone raid content.
    So you now have a toon in T3 fabled armor, x2 fabled weapons + hopefully myth. Fabled jewelry with ward procs.....and you haven't touched a TSO x4 raid zone...BTW this is how i upgraded initially!!
  6. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

The shard armor *did* make quite a bit of difference for my monk as far as survivability goes. And it's pretty easy to get shards these days. Not only do you have the solo shard quests, but there's always pugs in ooc chat looking for groups to put together for shard runs. If you do a few shard runs, the solo run and the Daily Dbl, you can get 6 or 8 shards per day. More if you're willing to simply crank out all the shard missions every day.

Solo and (most) group play isn't really our problem, although an aoe taunt would probably make many monks cry with happiness, except for BChiz, who is just so darn special he can do it all with one hand tied behind his back and the other hand typing out insults on the forum. I think where we fall short is in a raid setting.
  7. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Morghasi@Everfrost wrote:
    I didn't insult you. You told all monks to reroll, you insulted a whole class now you are pushing it even further saying my name like its me vs you to try and distract from the fact you got called out for not being able to hack it on your monk. I didn't make you choose to tell everyone your QQ story about how you played so bad as a monk you had to become a buff bot you did.
    I find it strangely poetic that you are posting here when this whole thread is about people like you who run down brawlers because you weren't good enough to play one.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Reading Comprehension: FAIL
    I said, and I quote from the original post: "My advice (if you want a regular raid spot, that is... because Monks are still a darn good solo class) is to retire your Monk, spend the time rollling another class and leave these sad forums to the trolls, who will then probably turn on each other simply for lack of anyone else to disagree with. LOL"
    You seem to have taken issue with the troll part... which says a lot. Then you decided to try insulting me by blathering on about my "buff bot". Then you carried on about things I never said. Basically, all the BS you usually pull when someone doesn't agree with you. All you can do is insult me... you can't really come up with anything viable to say.
    Go look at your posting history, since your memory seems to be a short one. Thread after thread after thread of you pissing people off. It's kind of entertaining!
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Morghasi@Everfrost wrote:
    You told monks to retire and reroll. I think it is about time you followed you own advice I am sure your vast knowledge on how to play this game will be welcomed in the dirge forum. As far as I am concerned trolls like you have nothing of substance to add, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    No, Chizzy... I didn't "tell" any Monks to reroll. I gave "advice" to those Monks who's wish it is to raid at end-game. Perhaps it's not your reading comrehension at all but a disingenous attempt on your part to deliberately distort my original post.
    The only thing you can do is continue to insult, bully and troll. That's the only thing you're good at and more people than I have been subjected to your abuse. If you took my "troll" comment personally then perhaps you should review with yourself why that is.
  11. ARCHIVED-jrolla777 Guest

Morghasi, you got called out for sucking, just stop already. Bchizzle can smell BS a mile away, and you reak. leave these forums until you have something positive to bring. im pretty tired of seeing your fail posts
  12. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

Edited: Deleted to robotically claim that monks are fine, just fine. Nothing to see here, move on.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

Edited: Deleted. Ain't worth it.
  14. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mancy@Unrest wrote:
    Whats funny is there is a sticky thread up at the top of this forum listing all the brawler issues, yet every month some guy feels the need to come on here and tell everyone to reroll like its some discovery on how to find happyness in EQ2. The fact is peoples attitudes is the #1 problem with brawlers and people like this guy just compound that problem. And I am not saying don't reroll if you aren't happy with your class, that is a great solution for you, but all monks shouldn't reroll because Jihrun is unhappy as a monk. Grondak got it right, monks can do everything required of them this expansion, we can single target tank anything, we dps well and we have some great utility and I am really glad to see other monks speak out about it.
  15. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Personally, I think telling people to re-roll their favorite class rather than hoping for positive changes is basically just trolling, and such threads should be locked. I have been quite open about the fact that I see significant flaws in the performance of my monk in TSO, but I definitely don't claim that we're "worthless" or "garbage." I think we're merely suffering the effects of extreme mudflation on a class that has always suffered from "multiple-role disorder."
    Assuming that SOE sufficiently addresses the mudflation issue with T9 itemization and makes some long-overdue enhancements to taunt values, we should be sitting pretty in the next expansion. I guess it's possible that I merely feel this way because I have played this character for over 5 years now (nearly 10 counting EQ1) and refuse to accept that my favorite class is inherently broken, but I will continue supporting my delusions for at least another 3-5 months and see how we look come Tier 9.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

I NEVER claimed we were worthless or garbage. NEVER.
    I NEVER "told" anyone to reroll their class. NEVER.
    What I said was that if your goal is to raid at end-game then re-roll another class and save yourself the frustration. If SOE addresses some monk issues then that would be awesome but until then, it just feels like monks are falling further and further behind with every expansion.
    Am I frustrated with that? You bet I am. Because I love the class. I gave the same advice I took for myself... which is to re-roll another class IF AND ONLY IF, raiding is end goal.

NEVER said we were worthless or garbage. THAT would indeed be trolling. Much like when BChizzle called my dirge a boring buff bot. THAT is trolling.
  17. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    I feel the same way. I love the class but I got really frustrated with lack of dev communication with us. I think our stances should be addressed, for example I should not have to tank in Offensive to hold aggro. And I'd like an AOE taunt... those TSO mobs are hell without one. My tab button is worn out and my guildmates are dizzy. And it seems to me that the plate classes have gone up in DPS, while we remain stagnant in DPS. Who wouldn't want a plate tank who has more surivability and almost as much (and more as I've seen in some cases) dps than a brawler? And a few good endlines in our Monk tree wouldn't hurt either.
  18. ARCHIVED-ArcticBlue182 Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    when you say you did it in RoK gear, are you talking RoK legendary or high end fabled raid equipment ?

i dont know of it was you or someone else, but they also were saying that they did XYZ in RoK equipment but it turned out they were using the best RoK raid eqipment had to offer, which is kind of a pointless arguement.

as for the monk class its self, i think it need work simple as that, if you in a raiding guild and get the brawler spot then you have nothing to moan about, however if you are not or the brawler spot is taken then you do have problems, its as simple as that, on my server noone wants a monk to tank, noone wants a monk as DPS. All you see in level chat is plate tank needed for zone X or high DPS class only last spot, these people can be asking for litrally 30+mins trying to get the class they want, if i send them a tell saying i will come they ask what class then you get told no, we dont want a monk.
    it does not matter how good the monk class REALLY is if the perseption of the class is something else, if the majority of people playing EQ2 believe the monk class cannot tank, cannot DPS then monks will not be wanted no matter what the truth is.

i also think its kind of pointless coming on to these forums or any forums for that matter and saying you can do XYZ instances when you are wearing T3 or better, believe it or not, not everyone raids or has the time to, some people dont even like raiding so do not want to do it.
  19. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

ArcticBlue182 wrote:
    TSO shard gear > rok raid gear

And as far as monks having trouble getting in groups that is the whole point the constant crying on here and defeatist attitude does far worse then the actual reality. You really expect people to want a leather tank when all they have to do is log onto the forums and see people crying about not being able to tank when in reality we tank fine.
  20. ARCHIVED-lavrence Guest

Ok, This thread seems to have been derailed by the constain monk QQ (what a surprise). I am no Bchizzle, but i have tanked damn near every zone in t2 with a fabled epic, with little to know problems, if ur having a problem finding a tank possition, build your own group, if you want to dps....again build your own group, or go make a scout because monks are and always will be TANKS. You cannot expect to tank any zone without working to get the gear needed for that zone and in reality T2 gear is all that is needed (well not really needed but helpful) for any zone, so if your going to complain please do it somewhere else, and stop flooding the monk forums with this nonsense. If you want to become a better monk listen to the "resident troll" Bchizzle cause obviously he is a better monk that you will be at any class in this game.