Absolution V + VI

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Flobdeth, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Flobdeth Guest

I couldn't see a post about this. I'm kinda confused over the upgrade in absolution, 85 lev grandmaster does less damage than the 75 version at master?........................................

Disruption is 518/518 at lev 85

Always thought the idea of UPGRADING your spells and at higher levels they're supposed to do more damage!!!
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Welcome to Sentinel's Fate, my friend. You'll find you're not the only one with spells that do that AND that won't be your only spell like that.
    Apparently, the only way to 'fix' and 'balance' the game mechanics of the past few years is to totally nerf the game mechanics of the present tier. Which is why you'll find spells that suck and gear that's more a move sideways than a real upgrade.
    At least we have battlegrounds, right?
  3. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

Upgrading spells isn't completely about more damage, it's also about the resist chance. A lower tier spells has more of a chance to get resisted, I know that it isn't always noticeable, but when you get to the higher zones where you're fighting mobs farther above your level, then some of those lower tier/higher damage spells wont be hitting as often. The lower damage is made up for by the greater hit rate. (Or at least that's the idea)
  4. ARCHIVED-Flobdeth Guest

I know the resistability changes right the way through from app1 to master, what I was querying is the amount of damage from a lev 75 master in comparison to an 85 GRANDmaster! regression spell

I have no reason to level if I'm going to be lowering my damage with every new master I replace from the previous tier! if I wanted my spells to do LESS damage as my level got HIGHER I'd goto the Chronomancer!

I really just don't get it tbh.

Kari, totally agree with all the gear, it is a sideways shift. I havent really come across ONE single armour piece that it as upgrade to my T3/4 on my inquis. The whole lot of it is vendor trash!
  5. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

Absolution V does not have an effect radius listed, ergo you had your myth clicky on for the first one and off for the second one.
    Also you might have some of the T4 set pieces that give a bonus to Absolution V and not Absolution VI.
  6. ARCHIVED-nereid27 Guest

lol Absolution V is Single mode. so...that is 30% up dmg. but Absolution VI is Encounter mode.
  7. ARCHIVED-Flobdeth Guest

I went back n looked again, yes myth was clicked on for soloing but surely when yer myth is clicked on it should affect both displayed spells? Or does your clicky only work up to 80 spells until you finish the new epic spell?
    Asolution VI does not display as a single target spell with myth clicked on
    Lock is not my main (as you can tell) I still have a fair bit to learn on the class, which is why I'm asking.
  8. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

Flobdeth wrote:
    This is it, and it's an easy thing to overlook so don't be embarrassed hehe. One of the reasons you want to upgrade it is so that your myth will affect the T9 version.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kain3 Guest

Yeah, I wondered about this too.
    Then I found out that the myth click only affects T8 spells. For the same effect in T9, you have to do the quest to transfer the myth's abilities to yourself as buffs.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Epic_Repercussions