About ranged wand speed

Discussion in 'Mages' started by DoomDrake, Jan 27, 2016.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I seen many people do have 1.8s on ranged weapon - I have 3.6s - I am wonder if I am missing something? (I am at haste cap)
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Use a 4sec weapon modifier from ToT and thus you can increase the speed. You will see the basic damage decreased but in general you will get better damage out of it because you don't have to stop casting your spells in rotation for ranged auto attack to go off.
  3. Sylke Well-Known Member

Casting spells doesn't interrupt wand (spell weapon) attacks.

The only reason I could see a faster wand increasing damage might be for more procs, but I'm not convinced of that.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Okey I am slightly confused here ...
    What is 4s speed modifier? where I can buy it? and I thought it works only on main/off-hand weapons (kind of flipping between 4 and 6 second) ... ranged wand on other hand is 8second base weapon (I think) - thus with 200 haste we get 3.6s weapon effectively.... I can tell for sure that wand will not interrupt casting but I am not sure if casting will interrupt wand auto attack (
  5. Xillean Well-Known Member

It works on ranged to.
  6. Tridav Member

I find dropping down to a four helpful in fights that take a short amount of time. Things are dying stupid fast this xpac, so you don't end up wasting an auto attack.
  7. Lare Active Member

Doom you can buy them off the broker. and there is a benefit for a lock to have it low just cant be bothers to explain everything to those that never listen.

Doom quoting myself from the 2nd page of the non depressed warlock thread

DoomDrake likes this.
  8. Luciuz Active Member

Another reason to make your wand faster is getting more hits in when the bard in your group is casting VC
  9. Sylke Well-Known Member

This reason makes sense, at least.

Does anyone know if you can revert it back to the 8s delay, or just 6s? Just in case I don't like it after changing it :p
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

4s delay wand is ur best bet as stated before increased proc's is pretty awesome. I'd change mine to 1s delay if i could.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Xillean Well-Known Member

If you unequip it you can then right click it and select restore weapon delay
    Azian likes this.
  12. Easiette Member

i thought u could'nt but as previous poster posted you can
  13. Sylke Well-Known Member

Nice, thanks!
    Xillean likes this.