About Guild Halls...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Amoara, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Amoara New Member

I realize this is the "Home" show forum but I think it stills applies to an extent. There are several people here that put a ton of time and effort into decorating guild halls and I would really love for us to have the opportunity to be able to publish them like the homes.

I still don't understand why some SC items can't be placed in a guild hall. I have stopped buying items from the market place for this very reason. Most of the housing items there are prettier than the crafted ones and size differently, which would be perfect for the larger rooms of guild halls.

And... this has been mentioned before but I'll bump it again. We REALLY need different styles of guild halls other than the two basic good and evil ones.
    Just some ideas... :)
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Guild halls are public spaces capable of having multiple owners. These owners can and do change and there's been the occasional bit of drama over items. Adding items of actual monetary value to the mix is a place SOE doesn't want to go.
  3. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Yes adding things that cost real money = bad. I lost a guild hall once to a sneak in diseption while I wasnt logged in. I lost a 3 year guild and a fully decorated t3 guild hall. Got none of my stuff back out of it. its still decorated the same to this day with all my stuff in it.

Now imagine if I paid real money for that stuff.. yeah bad
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

If I place SC items in your guild hall and then you kick me from your guild, I am out money. I need a way to be able to recover said items. When such an ability is added, then you'll see SC items placeable in guild halls.
    Karrane likes this.
  5. Amoara New Member

You're all right. Makes sense when you remind yourself that there are such crappy people out there. After all, this IS an mmo. Oh well. Very sorry to hear about that Ladymist. That actually happened to someone else I know too :( It is too bad that there isn't a way to recover your items if something like that were to happen. I'm pretty sure it's the same way for houses too. If you are a trustee of a house but not the owner, you could be removed as trustee and lose those items as well. Guess it all comes down to who you can trust. And that is obviously a sadly small amount of people. Maybe they could just narrow it down to one actual owner that can add/remove certain items for guild halls.
  6. Featherfall New Member

That is so unfortunate! How does something like that happen? I am brand new to Everquest 2 so I don't know much yet about the way of things. It does give good, if frustrating, reason to keep SC items out of guild halls though.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It happens in any game. Some people are just full of surprises. It's not a huge problem, but something to be aware of. I've been fortunate enough where every hall I've decorated I've had my notrade items returned.
  8. Featherfall New Member

Ah, I was more wondering about the permissions/mechanics involved where a person could lose their guild hall to another.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I see. Guild leaders automatically get trustee access to the hall and they occasionally grant trustee permission to others to decorate. If they choose, they can revoke that access and the person who did the decorating could lose out on their items.
  10. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

There is also the fact that all guild leaders can demote each other. If something happens between guild leaders that causes a rift, a guild leader (who may have placed no-trade items in the guild hall under the assumption that they will never leave the guild, as they are guild leader) may find themselves demoted or removed from the guild.

You have to trust others quite a bit to share leadership with them, sadly. Most times, it isn't a problem. Then you have those times where you hear about a guild leader "losing" a guild to someone else.
  11. Featherfall New Member

I understand now, thanks Deveryn and Jazabelle for the clarifications.

Back on topic: I agree with the OP, more housing types are always welcome in any game I've played. I look forward to seeing what's already available here. :)
  12. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I wasnt the decorater hired, I was the founder and leader of the guild