About claims and marketplace on FG

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Luziana, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

Guys, I'm sorry, this thread is isn't about experience rates, its about the ludicrous idea that they can sell us items which we already own.

For what its worth, I wouldn't mind if they reduced experience even more, but thats not the point of this thread.
    Xephane likes this.
  2. Flossie Member

EQ
    EQ II was not about questing at launch, it was about grouping and grinding mobs. The majority of mobs in overland zones used to be heroic. The quests in DLW and New Halas weren't even in game back then. It wasn't about questing until RoK. Try grinding heroics instead of questing. It's a lot faster and was the primary source of xp in Vanilla. Ya know, to get that Vanilla experience. That's what progression servers are about.
    Xephane likes this.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The difference between now and launch/vanilla is that back then every one was on even ground with regard to xp gain because we didn't have a market place and therefore, vitality and experience gain potions. Also, I have been here since launch and I know the xp gain was faster than it is on fallen gate and at the very least, quests and rewards were in sync with the zone you were leveling in and the rate of xp gain.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

You don't "own" your /claims. To be honest you don't even "own" your character. You are paying for a service, which they are providing. When you choose to make a character on a TLE server, you abide by the rules of the server. They are not taking anything away from you.

They did not mislead you about Fallen Gate claims or what would be available on the marketplace. If you don't like the rules of the TLE servers, no one is forcing to you play on Fallen Gate.

You have the right to vocalize your dissatisfaction with how the server is ran, but don't try and pretend that they tricked you or are withholding something that you are entitled to.
  5. Flossie Member

What does it matter if some people are using xp potions? The server is so flooded with people right now that you can put a group together for any zone at any time of day. And your claim that xp was faster on vanilla than it is now is simply not true. If anything, it was slower. Maybe you're just using a slower approach to leveling now (e.g. questing)
    Xephane and Draknox like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's back to the 'people with more disposable income are entitled to level faster, but those who have played longer (and hence have xp potions that are, in fact, inferior to those vitality potions) are not entitled to level faster.

The rate of xp (too fast, too slow or just right) isn't what started this thread.. it's that people can buy a faster rate even though they can't claim a faster rate (but not as fast as the bought rate).
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

Do you have any math that backs this up or video footage, screenshots? Or are you just basing the XP rates on Fallen Gate to what you "remember" on live from 13 years ago?
    Flossie likes this.
  8. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

OMG! Semantics, You know exactly what I mean. How about I say "Stuff in my damn inventory which I am able to /claim", there, does that change the argument?

So, moving forward, when I use the term Own, this ^^^^ is what I mean.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Have you been playing since launch? No I don't have any thing other than my memory and yes we had to grind some back then also. I do remember as I stated before that at least the xp gain was such that you could actually wear the rewards you got for questing at your level and to me that indicates that the xp rate was higher, because if not, we would have the situation we have now where the quests offered in a zone are usually much higher than our ability to level to keep pace with them and most times we can't equip the rewards.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

If xp was slower in Vanilla/Launch, then why did the quests back then match the xp gain and we could actually wear the rewards unlike now? Now most quests are already orange/red as are the rewards even when we are in the appropriate level range for that zone etc.
    Mermut likes this.
  11. Flossie Member

EQ II was not about questing to cap during Vanilla, I don't know where you're getting that from. There were some starter quests that gave mediocre xp, and those are long gone. The ones that you're doing now in DLW and New Halas didn't exist back then, those quests were scaled to the state of the game post-EoF and beyond. Now they're scaled to Vanilla where quests gave mediocre xp. Questing to cap wasn't a thing until EoF/RoK. People grinded mobs, most of the mobs in overland zones were heroic, most of the quests that people were doing were heroic and they were doing them for the item reward, not the xp reward. Try forming a group and xping that way, it's much more efficient. Just like it was during Vanilla.
    Xephane likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even with the quests in zones like The Peat Bog. Forest Ruins, Oakmist Forest, etc, the quests out-pace the xp.. and those ARE orginal quests, even if the preceeding quests in the burbs are gone
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Let's look at it this way...
    By not allowing claiming of potions, you can either whip out your purse / wallet and feed "Daybreak" or NOT.

If they allowed the potions to be claimed, then those without veteran rewards would be forced to purchase them from the marketplace. Then those players would be the ones clamoring about the "injustice" of being forced to purchase potions to keep up with all the free potions veteran players get.

I am all for people spending to keep my game afloat, it just won't be me, beyond my monthly subscription that is.
    Xephane, Mizgamer62 and Uxtalzon like this.
  14. Uxtalzon Active Member

Couldn't have said it any better than this. I could just rub your cute little kitty cheeks. /purr

Plenty of ways it could have been done differently without snubbing one type of player or the other, but they chose this route and then can't honestly explain or discuss it. Just baffles me.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I never said that questing was the only option during Vanilla. I said there was grinding/grouping involved. Also, I didn't mention quests specifically in DLW or New Halas.

To quote Mermut from above: "Even with the quests in zones like The Peat Bog. Forest Ruins, Oakmist Forest, etc, the quests out-pace the xp.. and those ARE orginal quests, even if the preceeding quests in the burbs are gone."

That is the point I am making. Thanks Mermut! :)
  16. Xephane Active Member

Last thing I'm going to say here...

Experience was NOT CHANGED in the latest patch. nothing on the notes about it, so everybody please just be quiet and play. If they were going to change it it would have been changed already before being released, or changed tomorrow. But it isn't, so deal with it or pick something else to do.

Find your way of having fun, but please for the love of God stop bashing something that's actually quite well done.
  17. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

the experience feels like it is too low, could use a slight boost