Ability Doublecast and Exploit Weakness (Predator Heroic AA Endline)

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Darchon6, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Darchon6 Member

https://s30.postimg.org/kxs0l5jld/Exploit_Weakness_doublecast.png

Through testing, I have confirmed that Exploit Weakness does not receive the full benefit of ability doublecast due to the way it's scripted. Exploit Weakness inherently clears the "weakness" effect upon the initial cast, causing any subsequent multicasts to inflict the "no weakness detected" damage only. A simple fix would be to make the "weakness" proc terminate after 1 second upon casting exploit weakness, allowing any additional strikes in that timeframe to receive the full effect.

As more ability doublecast is introduced into the game for predators, this ability will become less relevant unless this change is made.

While you're fixing this ability to be 100% compatible with ability doublecast, could you also take a look at Shadow and Sniper Squad (class prestige endlines) too? These abilities currently do not replicate the damage from doublecasts, so they too will diminish as more ability doublecast is made available to predators and rogues. Thanks!
  2. kluxor Well-Known Member

Agree with all of the above.

Also, Fatal Followup would also apply to this argument too I believe
  3. Darchon6 Member

I tested Fatal Followup -- It's affected by ability doublecast.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. Darchon6 Member

*Bump*

Exploit Weakness still isn't taking full advantage of ability doublecast.
  5. Tooloose Active Member

The difference between EW and FF is that FF doesn't consume any buffs to trigger its damage. The damage caused by FF is based purely off number of stealth moves used within a short timeframe.

I imagine double cast works like this... An ability is cast, the game determines whether or not it lands, then runs the stat modifiers appropriate to that spell, then runs the arithmetic with said stat modifiers, and then assuming the spell lands and there's no buff or ability preventing damage done to the target, the damage is then calculated and dealt to the mob, when finally the last part of the equation kicks in. Doublecast goes off for the ability so long as the requirements for that ability to land are met.

If you cast a damaging spell that only allows itself to be cast on a target of a certain health amount and magically the HP for said monster increases between the calculation in which damage is being done and when the system finally rolls the dice to determine whether or not that spell doublecasted to an amount that is not inside the range for that spell to cast, then you'll receive an error message probably that says your target is not below a certain percentage.

Which is how doublecast works on EW. Damage is attempted to be done, it searches for requirements, if requirement is true, the requirement is stripped, and damage is dealt, then doublecast attempts to reattempt the move instead of simply applying the damage, doublecast EW looks for requirements, sees that it's false, and presents you with the "no weakness detected" error sign which is why OP suggested the extra one second so that doublecast can search for the requirement needed to perform the final part of EW.

Not sure if this is entirely true. I haven't played the game in a while and when I was playing, doublecast was reserved for sorcerers, illusionists, and whoever UT was on.

Now it's taking prominence among the classes I play and I'm used to figuring out theoretic equations for mathematics. So, I've got some faith in how I think doublecast works.

Also, darchon, if you could test this for me, I'd like to know if doublecast stacks temporary debuffs on target. Double it'll work since its coming from the same source.

Thanks in advance if you report back with info. Otherwise I hope you whipe on Brell and get suspended.