AB rp

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Valrith, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Valrith New Member

Okay so I am very very new here so I have a great many questions

Are there any open world RP places (equivalent to Goldshire in WoW)

Is there RP I could run into in a Capital of some form?

Annnnd finally for the moment as I begin to do som research for my character are there any places a Paladin might go to get recruited to a guild?
  2. Thanin New Member

Places equivalent to Goldshire? God I hope not... But I'm sure you can find erping in any mmo.
  3. Valrith New Member

Why does everyone assume ERP? Jesus people does Noone remember the random tavern RP or the fights that would break out between unruly warriors on hoity toity paladins? Essentially I am looking for a in world place, not a room owned by someone at an event that people can be found at
  4. Thanin New Member

If you're not referring to erp, it's best not to reference wow Goldshire. That place is infamous for erping, especially the Moonguard server. The inn is literally packed with naked toons standing around. It's quite sad really, but mildly amusing to troll them with large hunter pets.
  5. Utopia New Member

If you haven't been past goldshire lately.. there are literally hundreds of people during prime time with their avatars completely nude (as you can get in wow) standing in and around the tavern shouting for this or that erp, yes blatantly and no the GMs don't do anything about it. As far as where people can RP without the assumption of ERP, there is a book sold by one of the AB players called 'List of Recommended Venues volume 10' or something close to that, best to search the broker for Slipps as I think that is their name. That book will hold times when venues are open, etc. But as far as open world RP, I haven't found it yet and due to RP griefers I don't expect to. There is the odd here and there that I've run into people.

All I can really say about open world RP is if you continue to stay IC at all times, you will find it. Eventually, but you will. Take the initiative, walk up to people who have their RP flag up (pink names) and start the conversation.
  6. Qwynn New Member

There are no open world gathering places for roleplayers anymore. If you want that, you need to bring it back (which is something I am also determined to do, if slowly).

My best advice is to do as I have been doing: keep your roleplay flag up, and if you see someone else, try and initiate. Out in the field roleplay is very enjoyable, as are noninstanced hubs. I'm also not a very big fan of the scheduled, instanced venues going on, so if even a few people slowly bring themselves and their friends, and then their friends' friends, back into the world, then that is progress.

Perhaps I'll see you around the Lion's Mane if you happen to be Qeynosian. :3
    Tarnorili likes this.
  7. Tarnorili Member

There's a simple thing you can do: Wave or say hello to folk as you cross-paths in-game. It's usually best to do so when they're standing still, etc. Just like you would in real-life, really. It's not hard to work a little immersive/meaningful RP into your daily actions, if that's the style you like, others over-time will be drawn to you if that too is their style. Role-play is a contagious thing, but like anything substantial; it will take time.
    Anna likes this.