AB - (Player Written) Book Fair 02/01/14

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Team Pasty, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Team Pasty New Member

What: Halls of the Enlightened Book Fair
    When: Saturday, February 1st, 8 - 10pm Eastern
    Where: Halls of the Enlightened guild hall – Tier 3 in the Commonlands. Tables will be set up in the main courtyard.

Details: We will have tables set up so players can come buy and/or sell player written books.
    We would like to keep the prices of the books reasonable so that new players can afford them as well. In order to keep the costs down I will be creating notebooks of any fashion you like in return for the fuel cost and rare if needed. We ask that you do not charge more than 25gp per book.

To keep things running smoothly, I ask that you please adhere to these deadlines:

By 1/29 – If you are selling I (Xadrian/Lucienn) should have been contacted by you. If you need notebooks I should have received a list of how many/what kind along with the fuels/rares needed. Please make sure you have room in your mail box to receive the number of books back. If you would like to sell a lot of books (which I of course encourage!) please let me know what time I can meet you in game so I can deliver. If you would like a delivery, letting me know how many notebooks you need sooner rather than later is always best.

By 1/30- If you are selling I should have received one copy of every book you plan to sell. These books will be placed on the selling table in a spot we allocate for you. This will allow players to see what books you have for sale without vendors having to spam their list.

If you are interested in participating or would like more details about the event please contact Xadrian or Lucienn in game.
    Spacegh0st likes this.
  2. Team Pasty New Member

This is actually for the 02/01/14 - I, still living in the past and unable to accept it is a new year has marked it for 2013. I have contacted a mod asking for the date to be edited.
  3. Team Pasty New Member

Just a reminder that there is five days left to contact me (Xadrian) if you wish to sell your book at the book fair. As I am on GMT it is sometimes easier to contact me via mail.

If you are interested in selling your book but are unable to make it to the event, please contact me anyway. I would be happy to sell your book(s) on your behalf.

Also, if you are on the fence about publishing your book and feel that it might not be "good enough" I encourage you to do so anyway. We are all our own worst critics and I assure you your work is not as bad as you think :)
    Spacegh0st likes this.
  4. Spacegh0st New Member

This sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to it!
  5. Team Pasty New Member

Last day to express your interest about the book fair!
    Spacegh0st likes this.
  6. Spacegh0st New Member

I really hope folks turn out with handwritten books.

My library is looking mighty sparse. :confused:

[IMG]
  7. Team Pasty New Member

You won't go home empty handed we have quite a few books going to be for sale :)
  8. Team Pasty New Member

The book fair is today! Come stop by later and see what books these talented authors have for sale! :)

What: Halls of the Enlightened Book Fair
    When: Saturday, February 1st, 8 - 10pm Eastern
    Where: Halls of the Enlightened guild hall – Tier 3 in the Commonlands. Tables will be set up in the main courtyard.
  9. Team Pasty New Member

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out and supported the book fair whether it was by selling your books, volunteering your time, purchasing or just stopping by for some roleplay! I hope everyone had a fun time. It was a great turn out and I would like to do this again in a few months time!

Buyers: if you ordered books to be mailed to you from one of the sellers present, please give them around a week to mail them to you. Don't forget to have enough space in your mailbox! If there are any issues please let me know.

Sellers: If you need blank books to fulfil your orders from the faire I will still make them at cost for you.