[AB] Guard Keeps Killing Me

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Moonlit_Evening, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I have a question, I just rolled a Freeblood toon on AB tonight and chose to begin my quest in Neriak thereby making my toon evil. I have been doing the quests up until I need to hunt the undead rangers, but when I go deeper into the camp where the quest is. the guard always kills me. I looked at my factions and what they showed was that I have scowls from all the Evil Aligned cities say Gorowyn and indifference from the Good Aligned cities.

So I speculate it has to do with the guild I joined which is good aligned, but at the same time I have not had this problem before. Therefore I am wondering if this is common for neutral toons or is it distinct to AB?

Thanks.
    ~Xire
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, during character creation, when you (as a Freeblood, which are Neutral) got the option to choose a starting city from probably the two starting tutorial areas on the Island of Refuge and the four main cities (Gorowyn, Neriak, New Halas, Kelethin), you chose Neriak, correct? Right off the bat? Hence, you were considered Evil. Hmm...the alignment of your guild shouldn't mean a thing to your character; I've had many an Evil toon in a Good guild and vice versa, and never had a problem like that. :-/

Did you accidentally kill any guards in the Darklight Woods starting area (Hate's Envy)? That can lower your faction with them all, but it shouldn't've had that big an effect. I've accidentally killed, or at least attacked, guards in Freeport when I was running an Evil toon, since I had gotten jumped by an entire group of NPC opponents scaled to my level and used an Area of Effect attack against them. I really, really wish the guards were immune to our blundering around like they are in World of Warcraft, unless we're specifically trying to Betray. :-/

Sounds like a bug to me... :-/

"Undead rangers"?

Uwk
    trying to visualize where you're at...ah! The walking skeletons/really thin zombies? Accompanied by undead halflings?
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Yes. I created a Freeblood and started in Darklight Wood and after being unable to enter the campsite for the quests [since I kept dying] I tried testing out leaving my guild. But the factions remained the same, I was enemy to Freeport and Neriak and indifferent to Kelethin and Halas. So after being unsure how to deal with the issue I deleted my toon [which kind a hurt as I was into my chara]. As per guards, as far as I know I didn't kill any. I was max at level 7 or 8. I would have been killed instantly if I got into it with the guards.. I think it is called T'Vatar Post.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! Yeah it is, now that I think about it. T'Vatar Post (where I've gotten quests with GOOD characters, no trouble... :-/).

Too weird! I'm looking at a toon of mine right now, even as we speak, that had started out in the Dark Side, being a Troll Coercer. Then I realized how much Coercers suck during this time of year and deliberately Betrayed with her so she could be an Illusionist instead. Much more useful! So, my city factions are (now that she's a Good girl):

CITY............................FACTION.....REACTION
    The City of Freeport......-50,000........scowls
    Exile...........................-50,000........scowls (because they hate it when you finally find a home :-/)
    The City of Neriak.........-50,000....... scowls
    The City of Gorowyn.....-15,000.........apprehensive (as long as I don't do anything stupid)
    The City of Qeynos.........5,000.........indifferent (fine, the feeling's mutual ;->)
    The City of Kelethin........5,000.........indifferent (after all the work I put in to Betray to them! teeny li'l ingrates...)
    The City of New Halas...40,000........ally (I guess if you "Betray" the same alignment side city to move somewhere else, they get cranky about it and the new one loves you)

If you didn't have an Ally city...hmm. Well, that might not mean anything right off the bat, just starting out (the character I'm looking at is level 49), but you should've had a decent faction, higher than Indifferent at least, with someone. Definitely sounds like a bug. :(

Uwk
  5. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Yeah I only have no clue, it is bizarre. So I thought AB being an RP server may have different rules then the other servers. But I honestly have no clue. I had an alt on HoF who was a neutral dirge erudite and evil aligned. I think she betray at like level 11-12 and even then she had to work to gain faction with Kelethin. The only other thing I can speculate is there is some other toon named similarly to mine that had some betrayal faction but I have no clue.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You might want to let the folks over at Player Support know (it's another forum buried deeply down the list, below the TLE Servers forum :-/) and see if they have more useful suggestions than I do. This is indeed weird. :-/

Good luck! :)

Uwk
  7. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Alright thanks Uwk ^^