AB Dual Erollisi Day Event: Wedding / Date Auction!

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Nightroado, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Nightroado New Member

After waiting a grueling six years to be together and flying 3000 miles, I am marrying the woman of my dreams which I met in Everquest 2, right here on the Antonia Bayle server, next Saturday. People have been asking about an in-game wedding and after talking it over, we decided to have one this Erollisi Day!

We'd like to request a guide to perform the ceremony and use of a chapel zone we heard about that can only be accessed via guide. If we need to contact anyone in particular in any specific way, please let me know!

After the wedding, we wanted to replicate an event I once saw take place in Windstalker Village in order to spread some love of our own: a date auction! One person would receive tells from the crowd asking to be auctioned off. He would keep a list of names in the order received and do just that. People could then bid on that player and the winner gets a free date with them! It was a lot of fun to watch and bid when I was in it years ago and who knows, maybe some couples will end up taking things into real life like we did. :D
    Spacegh0st and Charlice like this.
  2. Tallann Senior Guide

Hey, Nightroado!

Congratulations on your impending nuptials! We'd be happy to help you make your Norrathian wedding just as memorable as your otherworldly one. I'll contact you privately to work out the details.

As for the auction that you are considering doing after the wedding, I'd encourage you to go for it! Check out this thread for tips on how to get started. *grins*

Good luck with everything!

- Tallann
  3. Nightroado New Member

We request the honor of your presence at the marriage of

Cliona Songweaver
    To
    Albasar Nightroad

on Friday, the fourteenth of February
    two thousand and fourteen
    at 3 o'clock in the afternoon Pacific Time at

=================================================================================

---Wedding Details---
    *Note: The Wedding, Date Auction and Date Auction Location Contest are all NOT Guide Events!
    Wedding will last for 30 minutes. People will be teleported into the zone via Guide. Once everyone is in, we'll immediately start the ceremony. Vows will be said, a kiss happens, everyone spams something that looks pretty and we live happily ever after!
    ---Date Auction Details---
    Volunteers to be Auctioned: You must submit your name to Albasar in order to get on the auction list. The sooner you register yourself on the list, the sooner your turn will be. You'll stand front and center on stage during your turn. You can emote or tell the crowd about yourself while they place their bids. The volunteer who earns the largest bid of the night will receive that same amount from the Auctioneer, Albasar, by mail, after the event ends. You can sign up via mail or tell early if you already plan to attend and want an early slot. Be sure I am actually at the keyboard if you send me a tell! See in-game contact info at bottom of post. Last-minute entries will be accepted, but will be at the bottom of the list. You are obligated to go on the date with whoever wins your bid, but of course you are not expected to do anything you are uncomfortable with.

Some ideas for Volunteers: You probably want to introduce yourself and tell the crowd a bit about yourself. You can tell them age, what kind of person you're hoping wins the bid, what you're hoping the date will consist of, your likes, dislikes, interests, hobbies, etc. Just be sure to keep it clean enough for public chat if you take a more risqué approach. What you tell them can be RP or non RP, the choice is yours.

Bidders: You must wait for the volunteer's turn in order to bid on him or her. You may bid as much as you want and win as often as your luck holds out, but please no false bids or sore losers. Everyone is here to have fun and meet others! Even if you do not win a bid but see someone you like, be sure to /friend them and send a tell later on. Who knows, maybe we'll be attending -your- in-game wedding one day!

Time: The Date Auction will start at 4PM PST and continue until all volunteers have a turn, all bidders are exhausted, or I die from lack of sleep at the keyboard! Whichever comes first. :)

Location: The location is not yet decided. Instead, we're making it a contest. Anyone can enter and enter as often as they want. You must send a tell or mail Albasar in-game (alts listed below) in order to enter. I'll add your name to the list and simply reply that it's been added. Winner obviously gets to have their entry used in the auction as well as be rewarded with 10% of the night's profits. Winner will be selected on 02/02/2014. No entries will be viewed beforehand for I have the memory of a goldfish. Winner's name and location will be posted in this thread once chosen.

Ways to win the contest:
    • List a zone and /loc that would make for a good spot. Must have plenty of room, be easily accessible to large numbers of varying levels and factions, If there is a safe way to access that location that isn't well-known, please include a description of how to get there.
    • Build an auction platform in your home that we can re-create inside of our own guild hall.
    • Build an auction platform in your home -and- allow us to borrow it for the night on 02/14/2014.
    If you build an entry, be sure to include character's name, the address (room name, what part of what town, etc) and be sure to grant access to visitors.
    How to contact me in-game: My main is obviously Albasar. My alts are Brewzerk, Frahst, Hawbit, Knoswin, Peppamint, Tarp, Vending, and Wardrupt. I prefer you mail Albasar, but if my inbox becomes full and you wish to contact me via tell, do /who all Saints and Sinners and send a tell to whichever alt I am on. If you do end up sending me a tell, be sure I reply somehow as I am horrible at ninja afking! :p Feel free to ask any questions or comments you may have though. You can also post on here, will check it once a day. Thanks!
  4. Nightroado New Member

The Date Auction will be held at the Isle of Mara. Congrats to Dazzelle for winning the contest :)
  5. Nightroado New Member

Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow is the big day for both the wedding and the date auction! :D
  6. Nightroado New Member

Today is the big day! It's actually less than three hours from now! >.<