AA points - solo/duo build

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-wcsoft, May 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-wcsoft Guest

Very new to EQ2. Have played just about every other MMO imagineable for the past 5 years. Playing a Necro with my wife, so we'll be pretty much duo'ing everything. She's either playing either a fury or brigand.
    I've been reading as much as I can as time permits and trying to figure out the proper build as we level. I know it revolves around Tainted Heals, but all of the guides I've found seem to be pretty outdated and the talents in the various trees don't even appear to have the same names anymore.
    Any suggestions or pointers to newer guides I can look at? We're only level 12, so really just getting started.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-StPatrick Guest

I never duoed that much, so can only suggest from soloer perspective. Just as any other else would say - Tainted Heals is the must. Other than that, as a general advice, inspect all other trees and see what gives more HP/Defence/Hate (in that order) to your warrior pet and work towards it. I don't have a game running right now (at work :) ) and don't remember the exact names, but there are few lines that give you that - in Necromancer's tree there is something called "Enhance Warrior Pet" or something, that suppose to give your pet absorbtion. In the mage tree, there is a STA line, that gives both Hate and HP to your pet (don't take the final AA in this line called "Unflinching Servant" - it is useless). WIZ line adds small avoidance to pet as well..
    Actually looking at the old guide on this board (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=414795#4629798) I see that it can be applied today as well. Only difference is that starting AAs in the Mage tree (those that added INT, WIZ, STR, etc.) were removed for good. So just spend the extra 4 points anywhere you want/can in the same tree. Cap has also been increased to 10 points instead of 8, so if guide says "8 points" it really means "10 points" now :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Anivias Guest