AA lines new dirge

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-garypetzold, Mar 29, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-garypetzold Guest

Im a new dirge and would like some help on what AA lines to go down I have seen many different choices so i am just asking the knowledgeable public now. So if anyone can help plz do. And Ty.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vincenzo Guest

The two most loved abilities you should focus on getting are Don't Kill the Messenger (WIS) and Fortissimo (STA). That should start you off nicely.
  3. ARCHIVED-gainerface Guest

The agi line is good for solo'ing too, 4-4-8-8. The end ability has a serious case of useless.
  4. ARCHIVED-GreenArmadillo Guest

As a relatively new Dirge myself, I'd advise you to go for Bump (requires a total of 6 points in the bard tree - one in the mandatory Heroic Opportunity thing, 4 points of Agility boost, and 1 for the first rank of Bump). Once you have bump, you can hit cheap shot (your stun), run around and hopefully hit your flank attack, bump, and your stealth opener as a three hit combo. Tougher mobs may not stay stunned for long enough, but the combo is good for a pretty large chunk of the mob's health when it works. Sticking with the agility line in the medium term is popular advice because the next two tiers are both pretty good (parry and poison).
    The wisdom line has a highly coveted top ability, but I wouldn't recommend it until you've got at least 30 AA to play with (so you have at least enough points left over to keep bump) since most of the points before it won't do you much good solo. I've been meaning to try out the Stamina line at some point, but bear in mind that the best of the goodies in the line require a shield, which is probably going to cost you some DPS compared to dual wielding.
    If you haven't, check the Dirge FAQ 3.0 at the top of the forum. It hasn't been updated for TSO, but you're not going to need that info for a while anyway.
  5. ARCHIVED-garypetzold Guest

Thx this is alot of help and seems to be relatively working so far but any opinions on the Dirge tree? I was thinking of hitting up the main attack AA for more healing first.
  6. ARCHIVED-Vincenzo Guest

The trick with the STA tree is to take the stuff and then dual wield anyway (for more DPS). The double attack from Fortissimo is still very strong, even if you count the 8 AA's in shield abilities as wasted (it would be a lot better if Sony revamped the Bard page to make the choices a bit harder).
    For the bard page, improving your quick strikes to heal more will certainly improve your soloing a bit. Improving sapping shot can also help, if you like to kite tougher mobs around a bit. Personally I like to improve the quick disease debuff, to give me the biggest chance of landing the green debuffs, but I tended to fight whites and oranges.
    Deeper down you can improve Cacophony of Blades (essential) and most will take Luck of the Dirge. Personally I am a huge fan of the degradations stuff (I spend a lot of time debuffing in groups) and Magnetic Note.
  7. ARCHIVED-duranvaer Guest

I have 6 points to spend at lvl 64 and not sure where to spend them at, I have spent 59 already. I am a solo/group type style.. I feel like I am all over the place hehe.
    I have so far:
    1 Bards Luck
    6 strength
    8 agility > 1 bump
    3 Stamina
    5 Intelligence
    5 enhance: Jael's Dreadful Deprivation
    5 enhance: grievance
    5 enhance: Howl of the dead
    5 enhance: Shroud
    5 enhance: Bria's glorifying Ballad
    5 enhance: Noxious Dissertation
    3 enhance: elegy of awakening
    2 hearty constitution
    Please tell me what I am doing wrong hehe.

edited for typo
  8. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Suggest you respec your dirge
    My suggestion for 65 points:
    Bard: Luck 1
    Wis 4,4,8,6,2 Don't Kill the messenger helps all classes.
    Sta 4,4,4,8 Fortissimo is a great Melee Enhancer for individual and group.
    Agi 4,4,4,8 Bump and poison are exellent for dirges still leveling
    This takes care of your 65 points
    After that suggest moving to the shadow line
    5 Heartened Constitution
    5 Enhanced Mind
    5 Sinister strike
    5 Strenghtened Link
    1 Evasive Manuvers
    Then back to Dirge and work on the Luck line particuarly CoB and get enough ponts for Luck of the Dirge and the Degrade line until you have 120 points and then back to the Shadow line
    Duubard