A Woken Spirit

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Caela, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Caela Well-Known Member

I have obviously chosen poorly....

I have this "A Woken Spirit" following me around.... How do I get rid of her? She pops up every once in a while. Hailing her does nothing. Is she just going to plague me until NotD is over?
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

She IS irritating, isn't she? I think people were asking about it last year as well. As I recall, she persisted even after NotD for a few days, at least for some people. (My main had her following him around for about three days afterwards, iirc.)

There was much speculation on it, but I don't know if anyone ever figured out for certain if her disappearance occurred after a certain amount of time, or if there was some other factor involved.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Caela Well-Known Member

It almost seems like a quest or something... She says things like "something led me here" and "You want me to go away" - ummm, yeah, I do! I was playing with hubby tonight, and he can't even see her. And she's now on all of my toons that have done the grave digging. And all I can do is hail her, which does nothing.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Descord Member

As long as u have that Shovel on u .. she will "Plague" you forever
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I learned the first year to never talk to her to begin with when she pops out one of those graves , that's how you got stuck with her in the first place .
    and she will be back next year too . I have not found anything about a quest to get rid of her anywhere would be nice to hear from the friendly people of Daybreak if there is one ,or if we are just being trolled.
  6. Caela Well-Known Member

So - do you think if I delete the shovel she'll go away? I think I'm done digging graves, and I suppose I can always pick up a new one if I need it.

I'm going to try that next play session.
    Cyrrena and Schmetterling like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

worth giving a try and if it works don't ever talk to her again .
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, I have had that shovel equipped on my main since I picked it up and that spirit goes away. She bugs you with Daddy loves the horses and junk like that for a while and then just doesn't show up any longer. This is what the 2nd year of grave digging so I have had that shovel equipped for over a year and have not been plagued by that spirit for the entire time. I think she was gone by day 2 of NoTD.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

she probably went to Caela
    I find it funny when several show up during a raid , because people have those shovels with them .
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I had her go away pretty quick on most of my characters, but on Sweetdreams she stayed around FOREVER!!!! It was months, someone said to get rid of the shovel which I did, I destroyed it and she still didn't go away. I am going to try the whole not talking to her thing and see how that goes.
    Xianthia likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes if she shows up wile you look for treasures just ignore her and go to another gravestone the next time, I once had 4 of her up so I moved on to the next little grave yard.
    Dude, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This is the only way I've found to just grave dig. Of course the aggro mobs have to be dealt with, but otherwise makes for a more focused grave digging event. I stay on the same grave even if several ghosts are up. I find targeting the grave easier than having her be over each grave :D
    Juraiya, Breanna and Dude like this.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Can we not just go to Obol Plains to get rid of her? or maybe Eidolon Jungle or Fearcreep and have one of those squid-faced beasties to eat her or something? ;)
    I mena everything in these area are "dead" riiiiight? so she should right at home,...
    Kaitheel, Caela, Xianthia and 2 others like this.