A tad disappointed...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Hotlipth, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Hotlipth Member

Kaladim TLE server.
    I absolutely love the live events/holidays.....I'll circle back on this in a minute.
    I try my best to participate in the guide events but the way you folks advertise when these happen is just plain lazy.
    I'm having fun, and that's what's keeping me playing on this server.
    At times it does feel like a grind but with all the quests to do the grind is a little less painful.
    I miss the griffins and fast travel options.
    I miss merc's. I know the loudest amongst us will dismiss this and say merc's take away from the social aspect of this game or "just find a group". Easier said than done.
    I wish someone with authority would dedicate some time and watch general chat.
    I'm posting this to vent I suppose.
    I've been told the dev's don't really take player suggestion (unless you're the loudest or you know the dev's personally). Meh.
    "You're in our world now" was cute 20 years ago. Meh.

When I logged into Kaladim I was disappointed to learn Brew Day (my 2nd favorite holiday) wasn't available.
    This morning I logged in to find Bristlebane Day (my 1st favorite holiday) was not available.
    This disappoints me.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't want this to sound rude, so please hear me out.

If it feels like too much of a grind, you want more access to Holidays/Events, you want faster travel, and you want mercs. You should be on live.

Most people on the TLE servers, are here to have the content be a little "grindier", not have all luxuries of fast travel options and definitely do not want mercs.

If you are having troubles finding a group to level with on Kaladim, I really don't know what to tell you. Other than make friends or join a guild. Leveling groups are more prominent now, then you will see for the rest of this servers life span.
    Dude and Siren like this.
  3. Elskidorr Active Member

I could do griffins and Guild Halls if the masses wanted them all back, but never mercs.
  4. Hotlipth Member

Thanks for the polite and civil response. I've seen so many folks abandon common courtesy in favor of "fan boy" mentality.
    It is likely a matter of wanting my cake and eating it too. I've played live and imo it's broken, it's nuts. I really am enjoying Kaladim. I like the amt of exp gain, I am in favor of it's progression. I like the community, for the most part.
    I would like it more if I had more play options.
    I don't understand why so many people are opposed to mercs or fast travel...perc's imo. If you want to run everywhere you can. If you want to get somewhere fast because you only have an hour to play, you can.
    If you can't find a group, molo. If you can't find a group but don't want to molo, than you can solo.
    How does my playstyle ruin yours?
    Allow me to use food as an example...
    I order a hamburger at <insert restaurant name here>. I can get the same kind of burger at <insert another restaurant name here>. If the burger doesn't come with tomatoes I can ask tomatoes be added. The opposite, if they come with tomatoes I can ask they be excluded. What I am asking for has no affect on the burger you order but we both have options.

In conclusion:

How does my playstyle ruin yours?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Tominator Member

I hear ya Hotlipth!

To be fair, your playstyle is perfect – you’re only asking for options. Which, in game, wouldn’t really affect anyone. The problem is, implementing these options takes dev resources. If you ask for 5 things, and Zenjii asks for 5 things, and everyone else in line asks for 5 things, all of a sudden you have a bazillion things. Each thing by itself seems relatively easy & reasonable, but combined, it quickly becomes a dev nightmare!

It sure would be nice to have it all. Devs do the best they can with what they have. If enough folks speak up, they might pay attention & make a change. But more than likely, it is what it is. In the end, it’s up to you and me to decide if that’s good enough for our $$.
  6. Venser Active Member

It's not that your play style ruins anyone else's experience, it's that you're asking for a cake at a burger shop. TLE specific functions are to eliminate things like a molo, and even Guild Halls. I was a pretty big advocate of having Guild Halls on Stormhold, when we finally got them literally everything (SF) was a ghost town. The server was regressing at the time anyway with the announcement of FG and the lack of focus on SF content from the dev team during SH TLE.

If you really want to molo play live. if you really want every convenience, it's all on live. part of the point of TLE is to broaden the experience by operating it as close to vanilla as possible while still dealing with mechanics that live has introduced into the system.
    Zenji, Dude, Pixistik and 1 other person like this.
  7. Skarltar Member

By adding these mechanics to the server everyone will use them. It will then be expected to be used by the community and it will affect how everyone plays. Water will always travel down the path of least resistance.

It might take more time to progress but that's the point of the server. The reward comes from the effort that we invest in our characters. If it's a real struggle for you I really recommend starting a class with travel options or finding a good guild to play with if you don't like the idea of live.