A Source of Malediction

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Grouse, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Grouse Active Member

I am currently working on A Source of Malediction and have run into a problem near the end.

I am at the stage where I need to find Animist Butrus. Unfortunately, I have found him, but I am unable to obtain the book he is supposed to drop. If I find the correct spot (left heal for example), I am able to target him. However, I cannot right click to examine or obtain the book.

I have zoned and logged out/in, to now effect. I even had my level lowered from 96 to 90, just in case.

Has anyone run into this problem before?
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Did you already talk to the assistant near where the Animist first was in Paineel? (It's one of those "Look for the guy, oh he's missing, ask the guy near where he was" kind of quests.) After that, you should be able to get the book from his body up near Toxxulia's Reach (if I remember correctly).
  3. Grouse Active Member

Gaarrrrggggg..... I've done this some many times before that I simply forgot about that step! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It is amazing how well things work when you do them in order.
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Woot!! Glad you got it!

(Crazy how the brain can skip steps on something that is so familiar, isn't it?? Been there, done that, more times than I'd like to admit. :D)