A question to devs about podcasts to upload on other media

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tomshindo, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Tomshindo Active Member

No,there is no intention to gain profit at all.;)

I'd like to upload them on Youtube on purpose to let Japanese people know what you are talking about by adding translation. Is that allowed that I'd do it?

Just I wanted to know if I can before I do it.

Thank you.
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

"Reproduce, copy, modify, adapt, translate, sell, resell, make available, link to or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to, any Daybreak Game(s), or any portion thereof, including, without limitation, any Daybreak Game Assets" 7.1 Rules of Conduct (ToS i think treats and to podcasts of devs, it too "portion" of this game). i.e. also in case of non-commercial use. you can surely ask DW about this in personal message on this forum. but my attitude more skeptical because, as you know, japonic section was also deleted from this forum..
    also. 14.1. User Generated Content. Videos. "Videos that contain our game content only may be used for non-commercial purposes..". podcasts are not game content (in this paragraph, ToS obviously means in-game content, which is presented on youtube, in accordance with fact that dbg wants this from us, players, i.e. that we advertise this game for them for free). if i understand correctly, so that someone legally post on youtube translation of one or another devs podcast; making additional permissions for users in ToS are required. but after four years, much can change, given events taking place not very far dbg offices. and covid - it only flowers yet
  3. Tomshindo Active Member

All right. I'll try it, thanks!