a question and a premonition

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-MXGinge, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

okay so first the question, i have my epic, im gonna get my fabled after tonight's raid. how much does going 4 4 8 8 in sta and using a shield hurt my dps compared to 4 4 4 8 and DW? anyone have numbers on it? i know my dps wont be as high but im on a pvp server and the stun/extra avoidance helps a lot.

and the premonition, i know the expansion is far away but whats in store for us? anyone know if they are going to make any drastic changed to bard/dirge? with this new update making our songs raid wide... yes we are desired in a raid but only one of us is desired 2 tops and only if there is space. We need to make BC self cast and we need to find away to make our self powerful instead of everyone else. my friends and i were talking about changes they could make and he had an interesting idea... make our songs much more powerful but the more people they impact the less powerful they are because they are spread out. this would keep demand for dirges and troubs in raids because the songs wouldnt be spread so thin. when soloing your songs would be insanely powerful. the idea is rough and would need fine tuning but i think its something nice to toy with. what do you guys think
  2. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

what is in store is guesses, and nothing more. So far we have no clue. (about the specifics)
    And considering your dps it will drop...a lot. i have heard bards claim that with a DA > 60 its not to bad....but never tried.
    For PVE content I think that for the higher orange cons you will need even mroe then 60 to make up for the loss of DW.

i have never seriously tried eq2 PVP....so I guess someone else has to give you info on surivivability vs dps discussion....my best guess its up to your own style.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kayriie Guest

STA and WIS are probably the first two lines you want to use as a Dirge/Troub. Although I dont know much about Dirge's since I play a Troub myself. But as far as what's in store for us I do know this. They have said they are going to make the bards buffs raid wide instead of group only. Not sure if they plan to do this for all their buffs but I do know it was mentioned.