A Question About AAs

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Aldegar, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Aldegar Guest

Greetings!
    I am a new player and I had a question that I have been unable to find an answer for. I have looked up an AA setup for my Monk and yet I have not been able to find a definitive answer on whether I should start with the Brawler line or the Monk line. Which is more beneficial to lower lvls? Sorry if this has an obvious answer, I'm just a little confused.

Thanks in advance!
  2. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

You will probably see your best returns working in in the Brawler line. bast on in you are going to have a healer with you or not, i would start off at low lvls in the INT line and get the endline in it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Aldegar Guest

Thanks alot. I am going for a tank build. Joined a new player friendly guild and have done a few dungeon crawls with decent success.
  4. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

Silzin wrote:
    This is really not good advice, early on while leveling the only thing you should be looking to get in Int line is crit, anything else is wasting a lot of points you can't afford to.
    Myself I went INT 4-10, WIS 4-10-8-1, then started down STR until I hit the 50 AA cap on the tree I didn't know existed.. Now that I know about that i'm switching to STR 4-10-8-1, WIS 4-10-8-1, then moving to the Brawler tree. I will go back and get the crit once the cap gets bumped up at 70.
    This is a tree I made for myself to respec too tonight, it might be of some use to you. http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?c01e14...5@155@35@15@151
    That's for me @ level 58 with 110 AA to work towards, duoing with a Fury.
  5. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

I suggest the Str line for your first few points. It has a good mix of offense and defense, and the endline, Chi, is really helpful when soloing against tougher targets. The Wis line is one of the best also, containing our best AoE damage AAs: Crane Twirl and Crane Flock. If you prefer more single-target DPS, the first two abilities of the Sta line are also great. Mantis Star is a marvelous debuff which can really take a chunk out of a tough non-priest MOB's damage output (and can now be used even in melee now that melee range has been extended), and Mantis Bolt is one of our overall highest DPS AAs. When you get to higher levels and have more of our really awesome temporary buffs it's well worth putting 10 points in Ambidexterity on the Agi line; I can't recount how many times I have managed to pull out a close win because Tsunami or Mend recharged right in the nick of time.
    In general, it's hard to really go wrong with the Brawler tree, there is plenty of room to play around with various builds and no one particular combination that is unarguably superior to any other. In fact, the only problem I have with the Brawler tree is the cap; I wish I could spend more points there! Besides a few choice abilities on the Monk tree (like Enhanced Mend, Enhanced Tsunami, Enhanced Will of the Heavens, etc.) you're going to get much better return on investment for spending points in the Brawler tree at any point in your career.