A PVP Time Locked Server To Call Home

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by SevenShadows, Sep 21, 2019.

1. SevenShadows New Member

Greetings everyone, I'm a old EQ2 player from 2007. I rolled on the Venekor server back then and to this day it was the most fun I have ever had in an MMO. Yeah I did play EQ1 a little bit back in 99-98 but no where near how much I played EQ2.

To start off with, why am I here? The truth is WoW classic brought me back here. I never did play WoW back then as I was always in EQ2 so I decided to give it a go when I saw they were launching classic WoW. I've rolled on a PVP server there and its fun, but in no way does it compare to EQ2.

To tell you the truth playing Classic WoW has really made me want to come back to EQ2. I'd cancel my WoW sub right now if their was a similar option in EQ2 to go to. I've game hopped around and tried everything under the sun but nothing compares to the fun I had in EQ2 back in 2007-2009 I remember hearing about Deathtoll when it was launching but I was turned off by the cash shop that it was going to have.

I really wish for a EQ2 Classic Time locked server to call home, an EQ2 classic if you will. Now this is up for debate where to finally lock it but for me once they took away PVP in the cities it was all down hill from there. It was so much fun sneaking around in the other factions cities, or helping those in your own cities from the opposite faction. I think the level cap was 80 back then and there was no cash shop that I could remember. I'd say stop it and lock it at the Shadow Odyssey. I had so much fun back then level locking characters and then grinding AA points to make my low level characters stronger. It really is a time I would wish to go back to.

I had came across a post a few days ago that I cannot find now where someone had mentioned that Daybreak was talking about adding a permanent PVP sever for us. I really hope its true and its going to locked back before everything went to crap. I would vote lock it at Shadow Odyssey, what do you guys think?
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we had one called Deathtoll about 4 or 5 years ago I am not good with time .
    Our time locked severs are not exactly the same as EQ2 was at launch the only thing they were able to bring back is the " " " " " Island of Refuge " and the old villages , but no old village quests . So you won't exactly find any of our TLE servers just like the original game. the zones were altered by new quests and updates . the only thing I like about it is that some things are blocked
    The PvP still needs a lot of work to make it fun again , and Deathtoll failed because of many problems .
    But there is supposed to be a new PvP server coming out early next year .
  3. SevenShadows New Member

oh that's great to hear :)

Is it going to be locked at a certain expansion? (hopefully)

Can you post a link to where I can read about this. Would love to see what they are doing and thanks for the reply.
  4. Seth Active Member

in all honesty
    the PVP Server they relased is and was an absolute joke.
  5. SevenShadows New Member

I agree the one that's seasonal that's out right now is a joke too (if that's the one you're referring to). Who would want to put in the effort just to have it all erased?!?!?! Not me.

If they could release a PVP server that's locked back in EQ2's prime never to expand past RoK or TSO that would be all that's needed. I also agree with a poster in another thread that said no guild halls to keep the community together and visible in the major cities so maybe leave the server at RoK. I can't quite remember if they came out with TSO or not.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was not talking about the new Nagafen that was a disaster but they were trying out new things , and Nagaffen new was an event server not a TLE server .it just did not work.
    I was talking about Deathtoll that was up till KoS I think. I moved my toons to another server .
    yes and the no guildhall concept worked on Fallen Gate ( people always come up with ways around that though )
    I don't know about the locked for good idea , people want to go on it get's boring if all you got to do is kill each other .
    about the server coming out next year I don't know much , I think there was a post on one of the other social media.
  7. SevenShadows New Member

If it keeps moving on then all the bloat will come with it. I'd be happy if they just locked it and kept it when PVP was in its prime.
    Siren likes this.