A proposition for the devs: Voting restrictions

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Aderissah, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Aderissah Guest

Recently I was hanging out checking the leaderboards. I am the obsessive type and although I had just checked the leaderboards about 45 minutes ago, I had posted my ad in world chat and wanted to see if I had any bites. I was shocked to see that within the 45 minutes of me checking, a series of houses that had been at 0 likes under creativity(recent) now had 10. Then 13, 14, 15, etc. I started checking under small homes, large homes, and massive homes and sure enough there was a total of 18 homes all with 10 likes and climbing, all published under the same person, and most of them were completely empty.
    Well this kind of thing is upsetting to me. In my opinion, using free to play accounts to vote up houses is an exploit that really needs to be dealt with. I petitioned this person and a GM recommended I /feedback it and start a forum thread about it. So I propose this: no voting for free to play accounts.
    Now I do use a free to play account to tour other servers and vote, which I know a lot of us do. Maybe we could make it a one time unlock? Something small like $5. I know it would inconvenience those of us who are using a free account to tour, but personally I feel like I wouldn't mind paying a one time unlock if it made it that much harder for people to exploit the voting system.
    Let me know what you all think:D
  2. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

I do not like the idea of if touring a different server having to pay $5 to appreciate their work, I DO however agree with you that something needs to be done. I just do not know what. As you know on the butcherblock server the same person has been on top of the hall of fame for a long time with 33 likes, we all know he is using free accounts to keep his #1 status.
    One change I would like to see is that likes do not fall off, I have had guildies and friends come in and like my house and a week later their like dissappeared, I asked if they had changed their vote and they said no so the votes fall off after a period of time, perhaps that could be the key to this delimah. Make free account likes fall off after two or three days but paid accounts likes are permanant. Thoughts?
    ~Avianna
  3. ARCHIVED-Aderissah Guest

Ah I did not realize that is the same person. The names were different so I didn't think it was him:/ As for the likes they only dissapear from the recent catagories, in the overall catagories they are permanent.
    I do like the idea of free to play account likes dissapearing after maybe a 48 hour period... It would definitely make it a huge pain in the butt for them to exploit.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

dunno if it is the same person you are refering to but I know that one person has held the #1 position for hall of fame for months and always has the same number of 33-36 likes. Anyways servers are back up so see you in game.
  5. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

I didn't think F2P accounts could vote on homes. When the leaderboards first launched a trial account could, but I remember reporting it as an exploit and it was changed to subscription accounts only being allowed. Seriously, it should be changed if that's what's happening.
    IMO the "leaderboard" ranking/competition aspect of the list is a bad idea anyways. Awards should not be based on whatever house happens to be in the top 5 each day, it should just be cummulative and everyone get the chance to gather votes and feedback.
  6. ARCHIVED-primejockey Guest

As I know (90% sure) free account cannot vote housing.
    I have just discussed a very insane idea of Korno account before your post with my wife. Theoritically, (need to be proved) I can use ONE Korno to make a free account to be a silver membership account then can vote housing. Just 700pp then i no need pay real $$$.
    I suggest to higher the limitation for vote up to gold membership at least.
  7. ARCHIVED-Aderissah Guest

I would be perfectly fine with it being silver accounts, even if they did use a krono. I highly doubt these people are going to pay 700plat for 10+ accounts so they can vote up their houses. I will make a quick free account and test this theory. I have been using a free account to tour servers but I guess it's possible it became silver at some point and I just don't remember. I have had many people tell me they are using free accounts for the same purpose I am though.
    Afista I do agree that the system itself is flawed:/
    It is worth adding too, that I petitioned this person when it happened, the GM made no mention of it being a bug or petition worthy. Suggested it as a /feedback issue :(
  8. ARCHIVED-Aderissah Guest

Well I just tried this on a brand new account and the "visit" sign on the leaderboards was greyed out... So I would take that to mean free to play can't vote.
    This has me a bit bummed, because now it seems that however the leaderboards are being exploited it is not a simple fix:/