A newbie question.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Thamior, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Thamior New Member

I am not new to the world of norrath first off (played EQ1 and EQOA for many years), but I am new to EQ2. My question is is mc gear better then quest gear? I am currently a lvl 18 monk with lvl 12 mc gear how long should I keep it?
  2. Cenen of Permafrost Member

Welcome to EQ2! Each piece of equipment is different. You should look at the stats and judge for yourself. In general, MC gear is about the same as Legendary gear of the same level. Keep in mind that you must be two levels into your tier before you can use the next set of MC gear. That is, you can you the next level of MC gear at 22, then at 32, then at 42, etc.
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Depends on your playstyle, but i would say, dont keep it for to long as the armor losses if enemys beyond 10 lvl of the gear (if soe didnt patched that out)
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Whilst MC gear is better, unless you're making your own it can get hugely expensive. If you have access to a merc (need Age of Discovery pack) then in all honesty I'd recommend sticking with quested or even handcrafted gear. If you level quickly buying new MC gear every 10 levels just becomes a plat sink. By the time you get into your 60's there's a nice quest series - that's easy to solo - that will give a full set of class specific gear and add's additional stats for the more pieces you have equipped. This will last you till you're in you 80's and working through The Sundered Frontier/Stonebrunt Highlands, DoV and CoE expansions all of which will provide you with Legendary and Fabled Gear opportunities.
  5. OverDoze Member

im a crafter by heart and as a lvl 60-95 crafter amongst most tradeskill proffesions and a bit of a gatherer with the help of the new gathering goblin with prestige aa i can get what i need every couple hours summoning a npc i donate the normal materials to my guild but its nice if crafting is expensive to you just think of the end result the suggestion of aod was wise and even greater researched crafted results come with it but understand the gear end game you will wear will be from crafted recipes from raid drops im curious which questline the gear the previous post is
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It's the Cloud Mount Timeline, which as well as giving the cloud mount ( a ground, non flying mount), also hands out the class specific gear. It's a series of 19 quests, starting Tenebrous Tangle and visiting Barren Sky and Bonemire. Journal Levels for the quests range from 57 to 70 although you can pick up the first one at 55, and it's possible to complete by mid 60's. The EQ2i link above also has links to the class specific gear.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

The Mount Timeline in KoS is both fun and rewarding. Currently Reactant gear or Mastercrafted Fabled gear is the best for each tier but is very expensive without a high level funneling you platinum. Though if you have the reactant (drop from at level enemies) many players can craft a few pieces for you as you level. MC itself from rare harvestables is almost the best you get per tier since SOE upgraded it back with the gear revamp which sadly at 90-95 is severely confusing I might add.