A neat trick with flowing lava tiles that I discovered

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mirt, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Mirt Well-Known Member

Put a polished ice tile on top of the flowing lava tile and then the lava looks like real volcano lava even more so!. It's pretty cool.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Polished ice as in the Building Blocks from New Halas/the Marketplace? Not the ones from Frostfell? :)

Uwk
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

Ooh nice I'll check that out - ty:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Video?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

:)
    SierraDawn, Faeonara, Katz and 5 others like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

That looks really cool!!!!!!!!
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thanks for the preview! It's either SEE-yur-dree-fa, or just "Drifa" ;)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! "Drifa," not "Sigrd." Gotcha! :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You have to wonder if it has something to do with the Ice Tiles canceling out various particle effects? But yeah, it looks very authentic that way, because lava will cool around the "edges" and on the surface, once it gets up into the atmosphere from underground! :)

Uwk
    who really doesn't think Gollum would've "splashed and sunk" into the lava at the end of RtoK; a) he would've been carbonized before he hit the surface, because of the sheer heat involved (unless Jedi have magical/psychic "cool/protect ourselves like we're wearing volcanologist suits" powers, so would they in that fight), and b) whatever would be left of him wouldn't be dense enough to "sink" in molten rock...be more like Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen near the end of that act of "Star Wars: A New Hope" (oops! Spoilers!), and c) even if the Ring is "powered" or "stabilized" or whatever by the Horcrux bit of Sauron, the gold itself wouldn't've lasted much longer in that heat than Gollum :-/
    Rosyposy, Karamella and Mercychalice like this.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

*Has never lived close enough to a volcano to throw something in...…* now I feel like I'm missing out!
  11. Mirt Well-Known Member

I'm glad you all like my suggestion. :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Looks wonderful! :)

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't either (have yet to visit Hawaii or Alaska...I should :D), but I like reading up on science stuff...keep my hand in. ;->

Uwk
    former smith apprentice in RL
    Rosyposy likes this.