A Modern Beachside Retreat

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Taysa, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Taysa Well-Known Member

House Name: A Modern Beachside Retreat
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Owner: Taysa
    Listed on Housing Leaderboards?: Yes, titled as above under Large Homes

Description: As Vice Commander of the Knights of Freeport, life can be very demanding and stressful for Taysa, which is why her and husband-to-be decided they needed a quiet retreat to de-stress and get away from it all. What better than the allied territory of Timorous Deep, on the beach no less? After acquiring the proper paperwork, the modern, studio home was built.

OOC: Building blocks. Building blocks. Building blocks. Simply put, I love them. I have a deep love for the clean lines and bold colors of modern furniture, and yes, I do shop at IKEA quite often. I wanted so long to create a home to fit that type of style, but sadly I could never get the right feel. Then building blocks came around and after several months of tinkering with it, this was born.

It should be noted that while I do use layout editor, I do not use it to fine tune every last detail. After I got the tilt correctly, most objects were placed by using the mouse. There are mistakes, there are errors. There is some uneven stuff, but to me that's part of its charm. (That, and I'm just way too lazy to wrap my head fully around layout editor :p )

You begin inside of a ship, in the sleeping quarters. This is supposed to give you the illusion that in order to reach this house, you will need a boat to get there. It also made for a decent setting to break out using the teleporter.
    [IMG]

The door will take you to the deck, where you will disembark onto land.
    [IMG]

Meet your captain, who has managed to get you safely to your destination. Her name is Captain Mathildys Domitia, former Knight, and she now owns and operates the ship.
    [IMG]

A view of the house. This is what you came to see, yes?
    [IMG]

A generously sized patio, complete with patio furniture and...a grill?!
    [IMG]

The open-ness of the studio means everything is in one room, save the bathroom.
    [IMG]

Kitchen area
    [IMG]

Fridge and coat hooks...although Taysa prefers to hang one of her bows there.
    [IMG]

Living/reading area.
    [IMG]

Sleeping area.
    [IMG]

Bath.
    [IMG]

Bathroom cabinets
    [IMG]

How does this place have running water, you ask? Well, if you happen to venture around back, you'll notice an attached shed with all kinds of devices to allow the phenomenon of running water to happen!
    [IMG]

A lovely view from the large window in the front.
    [IMG]

NOTE: There is no "door" to exit from, as I covered it up because it wasn't pleasing to the eye, so you will need to use /house_exit or the guild door provided on the ship, should you stop by for a visit.

There is no way I can screenshot every last detail, so please if you have a toon on Antonia Bayle, take a couple of minutes and stop by. I appreciate any critiques or input. Thanks for reading :)
    Afista likes this.
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

This is beautiful! I love how you did the furniture.
  3. Goldinrae Active Member

Lovely! You did a great job with your clean lines and contrasting colours. I especially like the kitchen :)
  4. Taysa Well-Known Member

Thank you both :)
  5. Lizabethan Active Member

This home appealed to me, I think, because it relied on little touches so much. The grill is phenomenal. You could easily pass by it until you really look and see how detailed it is, and how realistic it looks. Same for the bed. But overall, wow. Congrats Taysa, you rock!