A Midsummer's Day Dream

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Valzen, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Valzen Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! First I apologize for not being on the forums much this past week. Between family and work, any extra time allotted I've been spending it building my latest.
    Halls of Fate -- South Qeynos
    Newly Published > Massive
    Owner: Jazie
    As always thank you so much for visiting and have a great time!
    No need to open UI. There are no signs or actors.

For those of you who can't tour on Halls of Fate, here are more images: Gallery Carousel
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

/squeal that looks so beautiful - this is the house you were building in the video you did - wow you got your head down and went for it! Gorgeous:)
  3. Valzen Well-Known Member

Thank you!! :D
  4. Sennae Active Member

Beautiful! I love, love, love the climbing rose vines.
  5. Valzen Well-Known Member

I have to admit that little area is my favorite part with the table and tea set in the middle of them. Not sure you can see in the pictures. But I've always wanted an area like that in my yard. Hopefully the hubby and I will get that this summer. :D
  6. Gretel Well-Known Member

I am always so impressed when people build whole buildings like this that are elaborate and beautiful inside and out! I am so not an architect and take rampant advantage of knowing I can stick things through walls and whatnot and people won't see the outside or the inside (I am a bit like that with sewing irl too ... I don't care if my seams are ugly on the inside where nobody will see). So when it all comes together like this - amazing!
  7. Gracey Well-Known Member

Beautiful and always perfect!
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

OMG that is just wow! I must see this in person so I can fill my pockets! Wipes mouth off...dang it I was drooling again :rolleyes:
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Added to the spreadsheet of houses to tour. I am expecting a cat fight breaking out over this one.
  10. Ethini Well-Known Member

Just toured this one. OMG! Right down to little details. I LOVE that the dining and sitting rooms are atrium style. Actually, I LOVE everything about the whole build.
  11. kianne Well-Known Member

:(
  12. Xalandra Well-Known Member

This is so pretty! So well done!
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You can do a video. We have enough videos done I think we can have more than one for a house now. :)
  14. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

/jawdrop This is stunning!
    I have a question: in the 4th picture, I've always wondered how people get that triangle shape for the side of the roof. That's where I have the most difficulty trying to build a house.
  15. Valzen Well-Known Member

So kind of you to say. Thank you! As far keeping things from sticking through, in this case the walls are quite thick. The rickety stairs turned on their ends for the siding poked through pretty far. Therefore the interior walls are placed against the stairs' legs and makes for very thick walls. lol
    Moena, Gretel, Faeonara and 3 others like this.
  16. Valzen Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ethini!
  17. Valzen Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. :)

In the image, the gable end on the right is made with an actual triangle of plain sandlewood. However, those triangles can't always be used, because they have only one pitch. So the lower pitched gable you see on the left next to the chimney was made with other materials, i.e. railings, tall dividers pitched to the side, etc. Just whatever you can do to "fit". I agree. That part of the side/roof is always a challenge.
    Moena, Gretel, Faeonara and 3 others like this.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Title: A Midsummer's Day Dream
    Server: Halls of Fate
    Owner: Jazie
    Address: Tenebrous Island Refuge, South Qeynos
    Decorator: Valzen
    Category: Massive Homes

Moena, Gretel, Valzen and 3 others like this.
  19. Febrith Well-Known Member

/picks herself up after being elbowed out the way by Oaky.......:)

Though I couldn't have done the video for that home as I'd have been stopping like every minute to screenshot the wonderfulness!

I'm still in shock that two minutes ago she was doing a tutorial on the beginnings of a house and it turns into this!!

Abso-bloody-lutely lovely Val.
    Moena, Gretel, Valzen and 3 others like this.
  20. kianne Well-Known Member

WOW....OMG.../slinks back in to the corner... :D no words can my brain form