A Message from Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 6, 2020.

1. SolarFaire Active Member

May the winds of fortune always be at your back urging you forward into a successful journey. May you never hunger, may you never thirst. Merry met, merry part, and merry meet again.
    Hail, Jennifer Chan. May you always strive to be your best as you take the helm of this Juggernaut of a world.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

What if the comma's are not in the wrong place. It is possible this could be grammatically correct?
    Can we replace for now with forever? Or not?
    Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I am happy for her and for us :)

I don't know Chan but look forward to see what kind of magics she can do...I hope she isn't a tatertot hater
    Cyrrena, Prox, Argosunited and 2 others like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

As far as I know she is at least a tatertot admirer.
    SolarFaire, Siren, Cyrrena and 10 others like this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

An Admirer of the Tots.
    I'm putting that on her door name plate!
    SolarFaire, Siren, Cyrrena and 7 others like this.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I promoted her.[IMG]
    SolarFaire, Siren, Cyrrena and 14 others like this.
  7. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Hopefully covered in cheese and jalepenos
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

not utilizing your skills there properly ttobey, where are all the tentacles and the butts?
    Cyrrena, Prox, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

Can I have your stuff?
    Dude and Rhodris like this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

You might have to fight Ttobey, he's feisty.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  11. Umuk New Member

Nooooooooo ! ! Please don't go ! :(:(:( Pleeeeease I'll cry everytime I see Holly Windstalker walking around the village in Antonica thinking of you :( ... it's a sad day indeed ! :(:(:( ... it's going to be lonely with one less around :(
  12. Cassta Well-Known Member

I just logged on after being off a few days and want to log back off now. :( Hmmm, when I bought my lifetime membership they mentioned "special" things coming our way in the future. If I had known you leaving was one of those "specials" I would never have made my purchase. I am happy for you and am sure it was a difficult decision for you to make. Norrath will never be the same without you. Good luck in your new position. They are VERY lucky to have you. You really will be missed more than you could possibly know; for every one person saying that, there are 10 more not saying it. Thank You, God Bless you and may all your dreams come true. BTW FANTASTIC picture, you look beautiful!
  13. Marae Well-Known Member

Totally agree with Cassta - that picture is awesome!
    Cyrrena, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  14. draidean Well-Known Member

This. Yup. Totally this.
    Cyrrena and Cassta like this.
  15. draidean Well-Known Member

Totchos!!!
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Kaegrim New Member

Januari 21'st
    "I’m sure you want to know what this change means…Darkpaw Games will operate autonomously and focus on the EQ franchise, its community, and its future. I will be at the head of Darkpaw and Daybreak will be our publisher with its incredible support and operations teams we’ve come to know and love over the years."

Mars 7'th
    "My passion and love for EverQuest and EverQuest II is unending. Even though I am leaving Darkpaw Games as a producer for now, I will remain part of the community as a player."

Comment
    Something made Holly take this step now. It's often a mix of oppertunity and the current situation that makes one "move on".
    I want to continue to relive EQ2 and spend my time and money here. Just a while ago Holly sat in an interview hinting on a future for the franchize, and now she leaves.

Can you sit down at Darkpaw and discuss what type of message you can give us to talk about the future for the franchize? I wish Holly the best, and she is not EQ2. But that move without explaining a future leave something out. And it doesnt feel good beeing a player atm. Im sure that everyone at Darkpaw are doing a great job, but how is the EQ2 franchize doing?

Best regards, Kaegrim, Erandor, Lothramir
    Cyrrena, Cassta and Tekka like this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

hopefully the new lead will introduce herself in a forthcoming producer's letter
    Cyrrena, Cassta, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

At virtually any company/corporation of any size, the outgoing head will typically leave the message Holly left. It's not up to her to talk about the future because she will have nothing to do with it. It's up to the incoming lead to talk about where the company is at and what the future will hold as that will define his/her role in making that happen. That's the way it's always done and likely, always will be until the time when there's a completely different organizational structure introduced that makes that methodology untenable.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, Cassta and 3 others like this.
  19. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about this same thing, so I started googling around to find some background information / interviews / etc on the new lead... I'll just leave it at that.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

well since holly wrote "for now", jennifer may be interim head of the studio and they are hiring a new one?
    we just need communication, as darkpaw must now we are starved ravenous beasts slavering for any morsel of info