A Message from Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Keedahm Member

What's the point speculating on her departure?
    Cyrrena, That guy., Tekka and 2 others like this.
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am commending her impressive resume.

A player from the EQ1 forums has stated that her letter shares the fact that she is moving to a better opportunity.

I can also see big tech firms (e.g. Apple, Amazon, Google) wanting experienced employees as they make major pushes into the gaming space (e.g. Apple Arcade, Amazon Prime).
    Breanna likes this.
  3. kridder New Member

i have recently come back to playing after a 10 year break was hoping to run into you again but alas it wont happen. best wishes holly
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Another theory circulating on the EQ1 boards is that Holly is going to be project lead or developer at Visionary Realms/Pantheon MMO. Several people are highlighting the mention of Brad McQuaid in this letter.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

My apologies to Dreamweaver. You may delete my posts if they are not permitted. I've noticed players talk about other games (Final Fantasy, ESO, GW2, WoW) and speculation (state of the game) on the boards. I assumed it was OK to mention these subjects - in this case, in terms of Holly's opportunity. Your clarification if these kind of posts are not permitted is greatly appreciated nonetheless. I am just sharing positive news and thoughts. Thank you!

It would be cool to see Holly work at the Final Fantasy franchise! Once in a lifetime opportunity may mean a move big to Japan. Wishing continued success for Holly!
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Keedahm Member

This thread should be about farewells and good luck & best wishes, nothing else...
    Benito likes this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I agree. The thread will need cleaning up and even a lock if people keep bringing up theories. (EQ1 thread is as you stated). My apologies if I went off topic.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Wow, what a surprise! Seems like I just watched an interview with you talking about the game. Sad to see you leave, but wishing you the best of luck on this new adventure you are on. Hope to see you back.
    Siren, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  9. draidean Well-Known Member

I thought the financial people were the PsTB?
    Spindle likes this.
  10. draidean Well-Known Member

The way I see it, any polite speculation and interest in where she is going next and what she will be doing is totally relevant, especially since she mentioned it. Let's leave the policing to the actual moderator(s).
  11. Atta Member

I’m gonna stray from the pack here and say that despite all that you have done for the game, I am somewhat relieved that you are moving on from EQ2. You will always be remembered fondly within the community and I hope you’re next adventure is successful! Despite this, the current state of the game has gone largely downhill since Daybreak acquired the franchise. I know that me along with many other veterans of the game have been patiently waiting for the day where some actual love is put into game from the developers. With your departure, I hope that the changing of leadership will result in some sort of redemption for the game that we all love. This news is quite bittersweet.
    Bobthebuilder89, Siren, Tkia and 15 others like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

I wish you well, but I don't understand this part of your message. It says you are leaving DPG for an opportunity that you owe to all EQ/EQ2 players/developers. That sounds like you're doing something for the EQ franchise, but I thought all of that was in DPG. o_O
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

she's saying she wouldnt have had this new opportunity without eq
    Gillymann and Spindle like this.
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

My guess is that Holly has gone to Amazon to work with Smedley on their new Lord of the Rings MMO hence why she used the words "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I owe to all the players and developers of EverQuest and EverQuest II".
    Argosunited, Nawtey and Gillymann like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was pondering this myself Dude.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  16. Spindle Well-Known Member

Good future to you, Holly. Nice to give thanks to the EQ/EQ2 communities for giving you the background to work with other projects. Glad you are sticking around to play in Norrath. To paraphrase: "You see, Holly, there really IS no place like home."

To the negative nancies; folks have complained about ANY 'management' person since Hartsman left and I'm sure will complain about any new personnel. It's human nature.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

That may be what she means, but that's not what she said.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

Apples to oranges. I read the post as Bludd read the post. There is a style of writing exit letters that thanks the people/departments that have helped/encouraged one to change jobs/companies/futures.
    Cyrrena, Gillymann and dreamweaver like this.
  19. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Where are the "Negative Nancy" posts to which you speak?

Anything even vaguely emanating sentiment like that has been quickly deleted. I mean, that's fine and appropriate, but as long as we're correcting things.....
    Tkia, Erudinel, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  20. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

We cant be having anything discussed that can be construed as negative during what I am sure is tumultuous time in the ranks. After all it may stave off potential buyers.

Holly I hope you land somewhere on your feet and can help guide some other game to a better place than where Norrath is right now! (Where you wont have your hands tied by investment bankers and bean counters)
    Cyrrena and draidean like this.