A Message from Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love Roz!!!!
  2. Noctew Active Member

Farewell and good luck, Holly!
    Cyrrena, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  3. Baphmistra Active Member

We will all miss you in different ways, EQ2 definitely will change, but I hope the changes are small. I wondered earlier why there was no Brewday announcement, and now I know. It would be nice if you could stay, it's not easy watching another familiar face wander off, but at the same time if you have to go then go, however, know that you will be missed by all of us. I wish you the best of luck on your next endeavor. I also promise the next time a ghost talks to me I'll have a better response. :oops:
    Cyrrena, parissa and Schmetterling like this.
  4. Peredhel Active Member

Thank you for your years of service and I hope you have the best of everything in the future :)
    Cyrrena, parissa and Breanna like this.
  5. Bowtec New Member

First time I met you, you killed me!!! Made me want to get better and definately loved the way you walked around like you owned the place (which you did). Going to miss you take care and have fun wherever you are
    Cyrrena, Breanna and parissa like this.
  6. Zinj Well-Known Member

The difference between "guts" and foolhardiness is often non-existent; especially amongst adventurers.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Sandx Active Member

My husband and I will miss, being on the frontlines! I started EQ to have quality time with my children. And a short time later found the man I am now married to. He bought me the EQ2 game, downloaded the game, and then made me the oldest and first character SANDX OFTIME. We thank you for our adventures and a sense of comradeship and friends in the Norrathian worlds WE ALL hold so dear!
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  8. Illyrian New Member

Goodbye, you will be missed!
    Cyrrena, Breanna and parissa like this.
  9. draidean Well-Known Member

I was too shocked to say much earlier. I was hoping after your letter about Darkpaw that everything was finally going to get straightened out; I believed that you sincerely cared and might finally be in a position to turn things around! Seeing this just crushed those hopes =( If the Powers That Be would not listen to you, then there is no hope for the rest of us. I wish you the best of luck. Be sure to tell us where you are going because I am going to need somewhere new to be, too =D
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Fergus_58 New Member

May the Wind forever blow at your back...sorry to see you go Holly.. you were the only eq2 dev I ever got to speak to..ummmm but since your going... can I have your gear? ;-)
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

It seemed like Holly was the one behind the wheel of the EQ3 rumblings, seeing as how she mentioned it during interviews not too far back. I wonder what will become of it now....or if it got canceled. The dev team sure seems agitated these days.

The thing that worries me about Holly's sudden departure now is that the higher-ups usually leave right before everything hits the fan for those below them. Darkpaw and the other 2 dev teams now look like they're getting sold off now more than ever. I sure hope I'm wrong.
  12. Gilliadson New Member

Sorry that I've never had the honor to meet or get killed by you in game but I hope your future endeavors work out for the best.
    Cyrrena, Siren and Breanna like this.
  13. Thatdarncat Active Member

Good wishes for whatever you do next, Holly, and I look forward to finding out what it is! As someone who's been here from the beginning, these last few years have been the most enjoyable I've known as a casual player. I've loved the direction the game has taken under your leadership and I hope it continues in the same manner.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Ishtannia Member

Thank you for everything that you have done for this game and its community! I have been with EQ and EQ2 since I beta tested both games. Love them both and still play them! If you are ever on Halls of Fate server, you can always find me! You are ALWAYS welcome to hang with us, group, see our decorators in action, etc. <3 ya and appreciate you! See you in game and good luck with your opportunity! We all wish you the very best! May Tunare guide and protect thee and be with you always!

Ishtanna Zytlbane
    High Priestess of Tunare
    EQ1 Main and EQ2 Storyline Main
  15. Cataclysm Active Member

Thank you Holly
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

She was (the powers that be) so there really was no hope from the get go
    Cyrrena, Argosunited, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  17. Moyssis New Member

good luck with your once in a lifetime opportunity. May the wind be at your back and the sun be on your face.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  18. dorotea Well-Known Member

>The thing that worries me about Holly's sudden departure now is that the higher-ups usually leave right before everything hits the fan for those below them.<

Indeed.

>
    Darkpaw and the other 2 dev teams now look like they're getting sold off now more than ever. I sure hope I'm wrong. <

Given that the whole point of the decentralization was to sell them, you should be worried that they *won't* be sold. If someone buys EQ and EQ2 they will have a strong incentive to keep them going and improve them. Games end when no buyer can be found.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

This is one player's take on EQ1 forums about Holly's departure:

My take is that many firms looking to trim down target senior employees or high earners. It's possible that Holly is making $80k-$120k/year and that may be too much for an indie studio like Darkpaw Games. She can stay with Darkpaw and take a pay cut or go elsewhere.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

According to Holly's LinkedIn, she has worked at Disney (Interactive Studios/Internet Group) for about 4 years and Microsoft for about 2 years. Impressive!
    Breanna likes this.