A Message from Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

[IMG]

Greetings Norrathians,

It is time to bid ye all a heartfelt fond farewell.

I will be taking my leave from Darkpaw Games for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I owe to all the players and developers of EverQuest and EverQuest II.

From my first experience at EverQuest’s launch as a dark elf wizard trying to leave Neriak for two hours, to joining the EverQuest and EverQuest II teams, my life has been a thrill and a blessing. For more than a decade, I’ve felt honored and thankful to have been a part of the lives of so many players and our amazing family of developers.

I’ve seen these games grow and evolve for so many years. I took part in the first-ever instanced content and forging new ground with Lost Dungeons of Norrath. I had the honor of working with Brad “Aradune” McQuaid, John Smedley, and a great number of talented people.

Both games have grown through the rise of nostalgia with progression servers in ways we didn’t expect. Above all, our community is ever-present, guiding and informing us, and helping us make better choices.

Our success as a franchise is built upon the love of those who live in Norrath. I can’t thank every one of you enough for being part of this magical life. I will miss you, but I won’t be far away!

My passion and love for EverQuest and EverQuest II is unending. Even though I am leaving Darkpaw Games as a producer for now, I will remain part of the community as a player.

For now, our intrepid Franchise Technical Director and EQ veteran Jennifer Chan will take hold of the reigns with gusto and head up the studio. She has been my leadership partner for over 5 years and excels at keeping us on track, improving our technology, and making sure everything gets done as smoothly as possible.

I promise you that the game and teams are in more-than-capable hands.

Rest assured, Norrath will continue to grow and prosper as I hope you all will.

Much love to one and all, forever. And, as always, I’ll see you in game,

Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

[IMG]
    Laaw, Illeara, zimzorz and 16 others like this.
  2. luminosa Active Member

Be well. Thank you so much for so many good years and good times. You will be sorely missed.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow! That was unexpected.

Best wishes on wherever your new adventures bring you, Holly, and thanks for helping us keep the Everquest franchise alive. :cool:
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Good Luck Holly, even if you bullied me :D
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

so long and thanks for all the fish
    looking forward to hear more about that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Best wishes Holly!

Thanks for your steady hand in steering the ship during the storms.

Edit: I definitely appreciate your brass tracks approach by focusing on the two core games!
    Breanna likes this.
  7. DreadRoberts Active Member

What a shock! But also I'm glad for the opportunity you've got before you. :)

Totally going to have a massive wolf and bear hunt in your honor. ;)
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Truly sad to hear.

May your paths be fair, and your pints be full.

Kitty
    Umuk, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Lilimoon Member

Thanks for everything and best wishes :)
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

Sorry to see you go, Holly. You will be missed.

Good Luck in your next job...whatever it is?? ( Inquiring minds want to know, lol) :)
    Umuk, Semperfifofum, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  11. draidean Well-Known Member

:(
    Umuk and Breanna like this.
  12. draidean Well-Known Member

Is it WoTC? =D
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Fair winds and safe travels. May your new role bring you all you desire and deserve.
    Umuk, Breanna, That guy. and 4 others like this.
  14. Alarra Well-Known Member

But, But what about EQ3???

Anyway, hope you enjoy your new job. Best of Luck.

Hopefully this isn't a prelude for things to come.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

As Vhalen would say:

"Till yonder."
    Umuk, Breanna, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  16. Marae Well-Known Member

Oh, Holly, we will miss you! I hope that opportunity turns out to be all you dream it to be and more. Thank you for all you have done for EQ2 - the game has given me many years of enjoyment, and I look forward to many more, although your successor is gonna have big shoes to fill. :D
  17. Mojohippie New Member

You will always be one of the best Windstalker.:)
  18. Styx New Member

Holly, you are well loved and greatly appreciated for all you have done for the Norathian saga. All the best to you on your chosen path.

p.s. I forgive you for killing me that one time out in Antonica. Mostly.
  19. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

That's weird - could have sworn there were more posts when I glanced at this earlier. Guess that's a tale for a different day.

Fair winds and following seas, Holly. May you find what you're looking for without them finding you first.
    Breanna, That guy., Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  20. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

LOL at all the deleted posts. Hope you're getting paid OT.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Tkia and 5 others like this.