A merchant or some way to get old Oceansfull Festival items

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Griffon Lady, Jun 4, 2021.

  1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

    I had a bug that made my recipe book from last year's Oceansfull Festival dissapear, but I didn't have a house I needed the blocks for till about a month ago. (It took a full day to even get those shells to cough up a recipe book for the Moving Water Spray Building Blocks book...) I was disappointed that my recipes were gone (searched every toon's inventory and recipes), but it was so close to June that I just put the house on hold. Now I find out that the recipes from last year are not available this year? Why? o.0 No reason...
    So it'd be fantastic if there was an NPC added to sell the old stuff.

    Nothing like frustration to make you feel like there's no point in logging back in.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

    As per Kaitheel from the testing feedback thread for this event, items are cycled a bit differently for Oceansfull. While the recipe isn't available this year (a new one is), it will be available again in the future. I know that doesn't help your frustration with your current building plans, but it was/is part of a planned cycling of Oceansfull items.

    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

    they do the same item rotation for some of the other festivals that have or have not any merchants .
    With a ever increasing item count some have to be put in the vault and get cycled in and out .
    I would try to put in a ticket that explains what happened , your lost recipe might get restored for you Griffon Lady .
    Until you can get your hands on a new one or get the old one back , what server are you on ? and a kind person could make you a bunch of those blocks .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

    I tried the customer support ticket, but they have a 99.9% chance of saying "Sorry, can't help you". And this was not my 0.1%th time, I guess. >.< They're records didn't cover that far back, so no proof I interacted with the item, so no help. I dunno. Maybe it wasn't a bug. Maybe I accidentally sold it since the icon looked like a status item. I do distinctly remember the immense relief when I finally found the moving water spray recipes last year, since I was busy at the time and only got to play one day during oceansfull that year. Months later I went to build a swimming pool with the recipes and they were gone. /..\

    Luckily a very kind soul on my server (Dryea) had an extra from last year, and the heirloom tag had been removed, so she gave me her extra. ^_^ Thank goodness for wonderful people! (I'd have never gotten it otherwise. The cheapest one on broker is almost 3 times the plat I have on my entire account! 0.0)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

    that is awesome Griffon Lady , see what can happen when you reach out to our awesome community ( at least most of us are )

    " Dryea " is that the name of a server ? I never heard of that one , if it is a server is that a privat one ? or is that your name on
    what ever server ??
    Thank Kaitheel for making those recipes tradable .

    And one more thing , next time you find something like that , scribe it right away .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

    Absolutely scribe immediately! Or at the least, do what I do, and give your main Carpenter on that server (I think Dryea is the name of the toon that had an extra one?) first dibs to scribe it immediately. :)

    And yes, thank you Kaitheel for taking off the Heirloom tag! :D Back in the day of Heirloom Only, I'd offer any extras of such to my "water babies," like my Iksars, Frogloks, etc. Now I can offer the extras to folks that need 'em. :)

    Good to see you again, Griff! :D And yes, I agree; we need an Oceansfull merchant for the old stuff, like the way old things are being offered again on the Frostfell Village merchants. ;->

    Breanna likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

    I saw the old stuff on the market place , at least some of it
    Besides the giant black pearl at least I have not found that .
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

    I just spent over an hour trying to get the recipe book for Oceansfull. I spent 3 hours on Public Test and got one recipe book. This is really disappointing. It is so disappointing that I haven't been able to do anything but daily stuff until today. I literally had to make myself log on and try to get the recipe book on Maj'Dul just to now have spent over 4 hours and only have one book to show for my efforts. I even tried buying the book but the cheapest (and only) one on the broker is 22 million plat. Meanwhile, I've harvested a whole bunch of crap I don't want or need though I'm sure someone knows a good way to use 10 bamboo rafts. I'm not sure why DP has to make festivals such frustrating affairs. They should be happy times with lots of fun things to do instead of making us want to quit the game and never return.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

    bamboo rafts are not that bad, at least they stack but all those weapons
    Breanna likes this.