A Lost Sister borked?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ColbyJack, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I was with a guild group in Harrow's End (heroic) and Melanie gave me a quest to speak to her sister Jennie out in Obol. Great; so I went out gaily to tell Jennie about her sister -- I get a brief dialogue where I mention I have news about her sister, then the dialogue closes and a red text message comes up "Should I tell Jennie the truth about Melanie?" and.... well... that's it.
    Hailing Jennie again repeats the same dialogue and red text, over and over. Emotes do nothing, I have nothing in my inventory to do stuff with, ect... and it's frustrating.
    Has anyone else done this quest? Anyone else know about this quest?
    Is it borked?

Help for this poor little rat :(
  2. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Oh, and to clarify further, Jennie does have a completed book icon over her head, to boot.
    Mocking me.
  3. JesDyr Well-Known Member

I petitioned this .. and basically the GM said to watch for patch notes :p
  4. Chrol Developer

Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce this. After hailing Jenni with this quest active, the orange text appears on screen. Six seconds later, Jenni asks, "Yes?" with a couple dialog options available.

And I'm checking logs for this quest being completed and finding that it is on live servers. If you're still having trouble, send me a PM with your character name and server, please.

Thanks!

-Chrol
  5. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Still borked for not only me, but guildmates confirmed they were having the same issue.

Character Colby, on the Freeport server.
  6. Rhita Active Member

I am also having this issue on the unrest server. Tried to get her to update for a good 30min last night, trying emotes and such.
  7. pateras New Member

same hear on splitpaw server
    no option dialogue came up
  8. Rhita Active Member

I figured it out. You need to get up close an personal with her, pretty much had to drop my mount and be face to face and the dialog popped up.

Either that or a GM just told me they reset her so I dunno which one did it lol.
  9. Chrol Developer

Jenni can be stubborn at times, apparently. I have a permanent fix incoming (maybe not the next hotfix, though), but in the meantime, you can /petition for CS to help you out. It just takes a quick reload of Jenni's character to put her back in check!

-Chrol