A little unhappy...

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Shintaro, Nov 18, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Shintaro Guest

I've noticed my hardest hit at lvl 12 with a qeynos dagger of 52... my friend how has an iron axe (i cant find the stats on the dagger but i know its not THAT much of a difference) and his highest hit was for 105. Now, do we have a higher DPS? Because I sure hope so because so far it looks as though predator and inevitably rangers will be doing more damage. Kinda makes me sad.
  2. ARCHIVED-Veldrius Guest

Well, considering that we got more utility abilities than they do they will probably end up doing alot more damage than we do. I might be surprised and find out that we do comparable damage in the long run (fights seem to get longer and longer the higher level you get) since our backstab has a shorter reuse than their skills. (However I do doubt this due to the fact that we only get 1 upgrade to backstab while they get a long list of upgrades so they can probably twist more than us). We'll just have to wait and see until people have begun parsing at higher levels.

/Wemic - Wood Elf Rogue
  3. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

Well, is your friend a predator? Whats the recast on his 105 dmg attack? Over the course of a period of time ( say 20 sec) how much can he do? Can he tank( we can with the right gear and abilities)? Can he group stealth?

My highest hit ( we will count "hit" as dmg done in within the same instant), was with strangling shot for 198 ( 60+60+45+18+15). Granted it was a very lucky roll :) Strangling shot for 60 + 60, Normal shot for 45, poison for 18 + 15. All at the same time.

In melee, In about 10 seconds I do 60+50+40 +(25+25) + 20(and knockdown) + a few debuffs.

So you really cant count one hit dmg. A predator will always out dmg us, but thats what they do... frontloaded dmg. Not a whole lot else that I can see, except what all scouts do ( escape, disarm traps, etc).
  4. ARCHIVED-Bihlbo Guest

Seriously, if you're not using poison then you're cheating yourself. It's like adding another fighter to the group almost.