A little help SOE

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-moopa, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-moopa Guest

Ok, I am hoping that a DEV will reply to this post. I know you guys are getting a bunch of "hate mail" over these items but I want to put all my concerns into one lump post.
    So, I am wanting to see what is going on with EQ2Players. It does not work, flat out. Is this because it is under construction because of the server merges and all that? I don't need to get into the details of what is wrong or going on, I'm pretty sure that you guys are aware of it all.
    EQ2 Mobile- Again, it doesn't work.
    EQ2's offered guild websites- Doesn't work. I tried to build a site through this for my guild as I have done in the past because it was an easy to use interface and when it worked, it was a great system. NOTE: Before any PLAYERS out there start replying with "Dude, just use guildportal" I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!!! I am just trying to see and hope that a SOE DEV will reply to this and give a little feedback on what might be going on and what we can expect.
    I'm trying to do this in the nicest way that I can so that hopefully, a DEV will reply and we can get this moving because I know that they have been getting A LOT of headache from all of us players. Negativity=no help. Thank you very much
  2. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

The latest semi-official news from SOE were posted there, after Fan Faire:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=346728#5583969
    Basically, the EQ2 team has no involvement with the web stuff, which is handled by a totally separate team within SOE. The EQ2 folks are well aware, and apparently as unhappy as us with the current situation, but they can't do anything about it.
    Apparently, a new platform is expected to launch "eventually". We heard the same thing at last year's fanfaire (something about providing data feeds to a third party who would handle the actual web content), so who knows if they won't scrap that plan again.
  3. ARCHIVED-moopa Guest

Cool, thank you Lantis for the link. I just wish we could even go back to the days of paying the extra $4 I think it was for the service. At least then, they could justify keeping it all up and running smoothly. I really use to like EQ2 players and thought it was a great resource.