A little bit on the humorous side of daydreaming

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyrrena, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Since we like to decorate and we get our ideas however we can and sometimes that is by daydreaming, I copied this from another thread and it is courtesy of Zeddicious:

Some days I sit and daydream... usually after a hard day of questing in Norrath.

"I wonder how I'd design the office layout at DBG headquarters if I had the chance"

The bathroom: would be on the 3rd floor, but the elevator only goes to 2 - and you have to take the stairs up 1 flight. The staircase is only wide enough for 1 person to navigate freely, so if someone's coming down, you must wait until they're off the stairs to move up.

Everyone uses a paper punchard to track their hours, because hey:nostalgia !; the timeclock is on the 5th floor. So after negotiating the stairway to the 2nd floor, the elevator located there only goes moves between the 2nd and 4th floor, and its on an automatic timer.

After hitting the fourth floor, you hit the same style staircase as the one you met on the 2nd floor - but it only goes down to the 3rd floor so you can take the express elevator to the 5th floor. After you clock in, return to the ground floor where you being your work.

You work for a little while, and decide to print something. You send the print job over to the printer, which is at the back of the ground floor office. Once you get there, you notice someone else waiting on their own print job. So you wait patiently. They collect their papers, and you move up to collect yours, but the printer paper despawns. You read on the screen that "your print job has been fowarded and is located somewhere on the ground floor" Naturally, you yell out "camp check, printer 2!" so you can save yourself the headache of waiting....

You make it back to your desk only to see a note saying "Report to HR immediately".

"Uhm, where is HR ? Is it even in this building?"
    Yay, side quest!
    You look at the office building map, and there's no blue circle around where HR might be located... All you see is the outline of the building... some parts seem a little blurry, but hey, that's because you've never been there before. Luckily you've made some friends since you started working, so you ask them politely where HR is located...
    "Hah, noob, don't know where HR is? It's in the Burned Woods on the 4th and half floor!"

Great!... aw man, now I have to use the bathroom again....
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!! X-D

"What? You want this EASY TO FIGURE OUT?? On your OWN?? Or obvious? What's wrong with you?? Oh, by the way, that notice to get to HR is timed. Sorry the timer got buried. We'll get a better position for it Soon(TM)."

"What's wrong with me? Well, for one thing, I have to use the bathroom again, too; I better hope my legs work better and faster than Zeddicious'...on the plus side, my aerobic conditioning has never been so good."

Uwk
    who presumes the bathroom is a single stall...and locked, that can only be opened by a key you get from HR that you have to ask about, since they won't volunteer that information

(not to worry, devs; we kid, because we love :D)
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.