A kind request to the dev team for an add on to the timeline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jovie, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

With all the wonderful things listed on the timeline, i didn't see any mention of this, and i hope we can discuss the chance of change.

That change would be to gut the attribute and logic system that has managed to sneak numbers into the billions.
    Billions of hit points, damage, etc etc etc.
    At some point the game went from small adjustments in scaling to HEY WE ARE IN THE BILLIONS NOW!!!

It got so convoluted that you are forced to put magic chests at the beginning of anything new so that players have a chance to succeed.

Quite simply put, you tried to fix what wasn't broken, and it is now broken.

There are a lot of game systems in play that add on and make this an even more complex and difficult system.

I suppose this proposal would or could be too large for this year, but can it please be considered and looked into?

Thank you for your time.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

You didn't actually make any suggestion.

I assume, however, that you're suggesting they do a 'stat squish' to flatten everyone back to low end stats, which has been suggested repeatedly - and is not a great idea, in my opinion.

It doesn't make any actual difference whether you're hitting for 1,000 or 1,000,000 or 1,000,000,000; The increase in stats however *does* make older content feel like you've actually grown in power as opposed to remaining relatively flat and having the same difficulty fighting an enemy that is theoretically much weaker than the current content.

That said, I'm sure they *have* considered and looked in to it considering the amount of times random people suggest it.
  3. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

thanks for the information about whats the direction you are planning to go for the first.

For the 2nd the Roadmap of the emidietly needed patches and repairings of things which are broken since 3 Expas and especialy broken now would have been realy good too.
    For many of us especialy the mages this expansion live now is nearly or fully unplayable, because of the misscalculation of DPS and other things on catsers.

This is the point all of us are waiting for concret statements to take our decissions to sadlywise change our mains played for years to an other class or at least quit our support and memberchip, because no playable content = no payment.

Helfiren
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Given the issues they've had with balancing over the last few years compared to the issues they used to have back during RoK, I'd say it does matter. Just the fact that resolve is a thing that exists is a testament to this.

That being said, they don't have the dev staff for such an endeavor to be practical.
  5. Magdaddy Active Member

Billion?! Our dps is in the trillions and mob hp is in the quadrillions lol. We have reached some insane levels for sure.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I mean, they could always just remove potency and fervor from the game and that would bring the numbers way down.
    Ashandra likes this.